Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (thig76)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-13-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Headed to the Perdido Key/Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area for a few day and was wondering if anyone knew of any good wake shops in the area???
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-13-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
Good luck on finding anything man. There isnt a whole lot of people that ride down there. People tend to fish more than anything. If you looking for wake gear, I would suggest evogear.com . If your looking for something to do... I would suggest going to Zeeks Landing It's at the pass (big bridge in orange beach) You can pay a few hundred bucks and go salt water fishing. If you dont get sea sick, you will have a blast. They make sure you catch tons of fish. Then you can pay them per LB. and they will clean the fish for you.

H2O Pro Accessories
Old    wakejjboard12            05-13-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
H2O are you from that area? I'm down doing graduate research for the summer in Gulf Shores. I have a buddy that I ride with occasionally, but he's leaving in a couple weeks and need to find more connections.

End Hijack-
Innerlite (in Ft. Walton) is prob the closest shop I can think of or Anchors Away in PC. Sorry not much down this way that I know of.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-13-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
You might try the find a third be a third for
and see if you can't find a friend. I have a house down there on ONO island, next time I go I'll let you know, I have A family friend that has a house on the island that has a saltwater series xstar that got the boat for just backbay family cruising, we are the only ones that wakeboard on it. But I'll let you know when I head that way.
Old    wakejjboard12            05-13-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
I usually try the find a third section but didn't have much luck there last summer. Definitely hit me up if you come this way.
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
I will be over that way a bit during the summer for work and will have my boat with me. I love riding on the intercoastal beside the road there. I was not planning on bringing the boat much but they guy I was hoping to ride is moving to Colorado soon.

As far as shops I do not know of any that are close by. The Supra/Moomba dealership in Mobile closed a while a go.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
I'm sure that Georges Water Sports are still open. They were/still is the moomba/supra dealer. To be honest though.... A friend of mine had a moomba and every time he took the boat in, it seemed like we knew more about the boat then they did. So if they were to sell you some gear, i doubt they would know anything about it. Their main boat they sell is salt water fishing boats.

Were located in Mobile, AL. Were about 1 1/2 Hr. from Gulf Shores.

H2O Pro Accessories
Old    wakejjboard12            05-14-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Reese you talking about Nathan? Thats who I usually ride with.
Old     (thig76)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-14-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info and help. Can't believe there are no shops around. Guess I'll just enjoy hanging on the beach and ride when I get back home. H2O Pro, I won't have time to charter a fishing trip but that sounds awesome!
-Mark
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
Wont have time? How long are you down for?

H2O Pro Accessories
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Jessica,
Yes, Nathan. You have probably heard of me then, I am the one that ended his Vans life last year when the breaks went out. :-)

H20, I was under the impression they where not in business anymore. I know that they are not a Supra/Moomba Dealership anymore. I was going to take my 21V over there for some warranty work but the phone number didn't work and the Skiers Choice people said they where closed.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
Georges Water Sports
800-749-4989

I just got off the phone with them and they are alive and kickin and still a Supra/Moomba Dealer.... they could be liars though.... but I wouldnt think they would lie about that.

They said it was Gradys Marine that went out of business. If i'm not mistaken, all they did was outboard motors.

Good luck!

H2O Pro Accessories