Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-21-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Alright Sanger experts, I'm hoping for a little help on this one. I'm looking to replace the steering cable in a 97 Sanger V210. Apparently it is a mercruiser cable that they quit making, so now you have to order a kit that includes a new helm assembly and cable to make it work. I was told it would be around $310 for this kit.
Can anyone confirm that this is true? If so, does anybody know of a place to order mercruiser parts where I might be able to save a buck or two? The part number I was given for the kit is 14-889936 A20, if that helps. Thanks guys.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Not sure but I would think a SSC13421 teleflex cable should work.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
Talk to the guys at skidim, they will sort you.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-21-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
LOL. That cable is no longer available. I just finished the same job on a 97 DLX, (same as V210, just direct drive). Teleflex part # SS141-20 TLM. I paid $145. West Marine wanted $179. You will need to buy a new steering wheel as well and fabricate a plate to cover the original cut-out since the teleflex requires a 2-1/4 inch hole and the original Sanger tilt is a rectangular cut-out in the dash. I used 1/4 inch aluminum plate and painted it black for the adapter plate. This replacement is non-tilt also. If you still want tilt, the kit will be about a $100 more.

(Message edited by wake upppp on April 21, 2008)

Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-22-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. Sparky, if I get the tilt wheel does it mount up the same as the non-tilt? You said the tilt wheel was about $100 more, but how much was the non-tilt? thanks again for the help.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-22-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Non-tilt was 170 at West Marine, but you can probably find a better deal like I did. I found it for 145. I believe you still have to make an adapter plate even if you get the tilt. I found the tilt kit for 250 but the owner didn't want to spend the extra $$$.