Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Ok a storm came through and blew my cover 1/2 off and even though the boat is on a lift and under a roof a lil rain water still got in. I tried to run the bilge pump but it cuts off in like 10 seconds. I press the bilge button, it lights up, and u can hear the pump cut on and then cut off in like 5-15 seconds. The light on the dash stays on eventhough the pump stops. I tried blowing into the outlet tryting to dislodge anything but it didn't work. Can anyone tell me what could be possibly making my boat do this and maybe the location of the bilge pump in the boat in relation to the motor. I also heard that this boat has 2 bilge pumps? pleasde help as I have only had this boat approaching a month.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-20-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Did you actually check the hull to see how much water is in there? I think what your experiencing is normal. I believe the pump has a sensor in it and it will only run continuously if it is actually pumping water, otherwise it will shut off so the pump doesn't burn up.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
ahhh yeah there really wasn't much now that u mention it maybe a half an inch or so. its hard to get down to even see or feel. that very well could be the problem but how do i know for sure
Old     (boarder1995)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
That's how the system works - if there's not enough water to pump, then the pump only runs 10 sec. then shuts off. Nothing wrong with the system.
Old    nooner            07-20-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
just like boarder1995 said. WHen hit the button the pump starts up manually and pumps for a few seconds. Then it shuts off and is in auto mode. So if it gets any water it will start automatically.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
SAN has some pimp shizz on their boats. thanks guys my dad willl be thrilled to hear nothing is broke
Old     (boarder1995)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Correct Craft certainly does have the use and forget features on their boats - bilges pump/switches that don't have to be watched, ballast that if the pumps are left on, won't pop - will just overflow, ignition that'll shut off automatically in 15 minutes if left untouched. All are nice touches.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
the one thing that I really dislike about the Correct Craft bilge pump strategy is that you have to turn the bilge pump on!

One of the things on my "to do" list is to add another bilge pump, one that has the typical float switch, and wire it to an always on circuit.

I almost sank the boat once because I made two mistakes: didn't check the plug, didn't turn the bilge pump on!

Rod

Old    hockeynriding03            07-20-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Here is what is happening. I have a SAN; when you turn on the bilge pumps they "sense" for water by running for a second or two. If no water is present then they shut off. If you leave them on, they will intermitantly (sp) sense for water in the bilge. It does have two pumps. One is behind the engine and the other is underneath the ski locker or in between the front ballast tank and the gas tank if you have the LCTS ballast tanks. Hope this helps