Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-07-2014, 4:18 PM Reply   
I was in the boat on the dealership floor. Was absolutely blown away. I loved the fact the storage areas had more of a Malibu carpeted look. The boat just felt great. I am coming off a 2003 SANTE

So on to some questions.

What's the wakeboard wake and surf wake like. I have read it surfs better than the A22, but how does the wakeboard wake stack up? We all surf goofy.

How does the boat ride in chop compared to the A22? Is it more of a deeper v? The A22 when loaded with the plug and play sits a little low in the nose at idle. Obviously I am driving a 2003 SANTE so i am not riding much higher, but every a22 I have been on had low riding nose. My other concern is without the playpen style of the A22 I am going to need to have a sac in the walkway to compensate for the lack of a hidden mushroom sac. Kind of defeats the purpose then a bit, but if the traditional bow sits higher like it seems in pics and from the inside that would be good trade off.

I will be test driving obviously, but it's going to be another month or so. Looking to make a list of about 3 boats. MB is on it as a dealership just opened but from what I read the MB wake below 20mph isn't so good. I have lots of people I pull that are newbs so it's a small knock, but in the end it's a boat for me.

Last edited by hookedonboardin; 05-07-2014 at 4:26 PM.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-10-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
Can't comment on the Axis, because I've only seen pics (which look very nice), but I wouldn't be scared off by the concerns that the MB wake won't clean up under 20mph. With full ballast, I'd agree that it won't clean up that slow. I've ridden the 23, the 21, and the Tomcat 23, and I typically set the perfect pass at 21.5. Dump some ballast, and you wouldn't have any problem at 20. In reality, if you are a beginner and need slow speeds, you probably don't need or want 1,800 pounds in weight. The pure vert ballast systems on the MB's are actually very nice if you have a group of riders with a wide range of ability, as the tanks fill and empty so quickly.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-10-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
I think you will be impressed with the T22 when comparing it to the A22. The added storage space under the seats are awesome. From what I have read about it, the wake is still top notch like the A22. I am curious to hear how it rides in the chop though.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-10-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
The wake on the t22 is really close to the A22. Maybe a bit wider. They have stepped up the interior a little as far as options go.

I've had both MB and two a22's and yes it's a great wake no doubt. However it will not clean up below 20mph even with no ballast. If that doesn't matter to you then I say go MB or Axis and you can't go wrong.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-12-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
I'm actually going to try and set up a test drive on one this week. Really like the layout, etc. Will relay back what I find if I get a test scheduled
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-12-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I'm actually going to try and set up a test drive on one this week. Really like the layout, etc. Will relay back what I find if I get a test scheduled

Can I come? Lol I'm serious
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-12-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
From what I've heard, the T22 wake is very similar to the A22 wake, just not quite as lippy. The fit and finish of the T22 is, IMO, really nice. I just picked up an A24, and the thing that impressed me most about that boat is the new vinyl and the sheer ridiculous amount of storage. The vinyl on my '14 looks and feels every bit as nice as what I had in last years LSV in terms of appearance, softness, thickness, etc. No, it's not as complex in terms of design, but it is nicer than what was in my '11 and '12 A22's.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-12-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
The A24 is MASSIVE. I keep telling people, it's bigger than you think it's going to be. We got 16 people in my buddy's and still planed out with plug n play full (800s in rear) running the L96 409SS motor. The LS3 will rock in that boat. Don't sleep on it. The wake is a huge and the boat has everything and more that you need.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-12-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can I come? Lol I'm serious
I still gotta hit them up to schedule. You know the man better than me doubt hes saying no haha