Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
RJ is snowboarding for a couple days, back late today. I was just supposed to get the boat from GoldKey Boathouse and bring it home. I had to wait til now because of the weather, its dropped 10 inches or so in about a week. We planned on going out this weekend if weather permitted but on the way home the sun was peeking through the clouds and it was just too much for me. We dropped it in the water with no boards, gear, sacs, nothing. I just wanted to take a spin and see how it felt, and maybe throw a surf wake. Luckily my iPhone 4S takes some great 1080P video. I did some power turns to feel how it felt, very sporty. Not as sporty as the RZ2 but def more so than the 24Ve or RZ4. The thing about this boat, and you have to feel it, it is very stable. It doesn't seem sensitive to weight as much, and just feels rock solid. I got it up to 22 to see the wakeboard wake, and it stayed great, didn't have to adjust people, just very stable.

This boat has the pro ballast system, which is 2300 lbs. So 1000 up front in 2 tanks and 650 on each side in the back. I first filled up surf side front and surf side rear and then adjusted people and used the clinometer emptying the opposite rear sac until I got to about 8 degrees. You can see that in the video, the wake was good, but seemed a bit neutered. Wash was minimal, and gone completely with taps around 3. I could take taps up to 6 or 7 with no ill effects. So then I emptied the surf side front to about 25% and the wakesurf wake really took shape. I wish we had some boards. Keep in mind its just me, wife and 3 kids. In the video you can see how much room we have to work with. This boat is so deep, its amazing. Even the bow.

Anyway, here is a pic with the last setup we tried taps at 4, weight as described in the last paragraph:

IMG_1448 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is a quick and raw video I did. We should be going out this weekend with Dennis and Frank and Chris to test, then plan a break in day. Can't wait, this boat is def something special.