Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-14-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
I need help with Adobe Premiere 6.5...
anybody have an instruction guide or something?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
Yeah... how about a book?

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=57109&highlight=
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-15-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
You can find books by browsing amazon.com. BUT, I much prefer DVDs. You can go to totaltraining.com and buy their training DVDs. They are very good, and this is how I learned the Adobe Suite of programs initially.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-15-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
WOW does it really call for all that? I just want to do some basic ed..
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-15-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Kenny,

The help pages that come with the program are pretty basic, but with that I was able to fumble around and learn how to do some simple editing.

One thing you need to understand and might want to read up on right away is keyframes (if you don't know already).
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-15-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
don't know key frames yet. I can add the video to be edited but when I try to add things it just doesn't work, but it my lack of knowledge not the program. Also I want to know how to convert a video on my computer to like a wma video to take up less space..
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
lesson #1

wma = audio files
wmv = video files
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-16-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Adobe Tutorials: http://studio.adobe.com/us/search/sort?sort=date&product=26&topic=0&type=all&level=a ll

Adobe Premiere Forums: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bbe4d6a
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-16-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
sorry I ment wmv.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 1:57 AM Reply   
use windows movie maker if you want basic and wmv files.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-17-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
^ what a.p. said.

I learned adobe premiere by just messing around with it and going through the tutorials that come with the program and the ones on adobes website. Theres little video clips you can watch of basic editing that will give you an overview of how to do stuff. if your not really doing hardcore editing and you just want the video with basic transitions then just use windows movie maker, especially if you just want a .wmv.

(Message edited by wakeboardertj on July 17, 2006)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
can I cut and do bacsic editing with WMM?
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
Thats all you can do with Movie Maker. A good editor can make a really good movie with WMM. The problem with it is you just can't be as precise and do a truly profesional job with it. For that you need to do keyframes and only a professional NLE will do that. I learned to edit with WMM and then took my skills to Premiere Pro and the learning curve was steep but I will never go back to any other editing program.

If you are new at this and only want a .wmv file then definitely use WMM. You will be happy with your end result. Otherwise you will have to slave with the Premiere and then compress the .avi file to .wmv with Media Encoder.
http://www.dpcfilms.com/HowTo/articles/CompressingVideos/index.asp

Just please don't make the common mistake most new editors do and use every single transition you see available. If you watch movies and other professional videos you will a simple fade or hard cut is all they do and not a crazy star transition.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-17-2006, 11:46 PM Reply   
I just want it to be simple for posting,emailing, and end of the season vcd for us to enjoy..
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-20-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
AP that link you sent me from DPC worked great, that was very step by step easy

Now I will be spending more time working on the vid skills I don't have yet...
Old    mobster            07-21-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Use the windows encoder it does a great of converting files to most formats with a lot of quality options