Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Well, I finally got around to replacing my XMD1 w/ the CMD4. To my surprise, I discovered that the faceplate on the CMD4 is smaller and the cutout in lower than the XMD1. So now I am in the process of making a new mounting faceplate to remount the CMD4 in. I'm thinking of using plastic and covering it with the nautique grey vinyl to cover the existing holes. Anybody know where to find the grey vinyl or have a piece lying around? I'll post more pics soon.

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       03-26-2005, 11:13 PM Reply   
Did the new radio just plug in?
How much better is the new radio compared to the XMD3?
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for posting this - I am considering the same upgrade. Do you know if the XMD1 remote works with this model or do you have to replace that too? The XMD1 remote does not have a display.
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey Mike : Whats it look like with the Black trim peice that covers the mounting hardwear.

Look at the photo: It would seem that when that is installed it might cover up some of your problem aera's

My guess is that you will need to upgrade to the new remote to work with the CMD-4. Some of the older Clarion Remotes work but not all of there functions work.. I have a older Remote at my transome and the Mute dosent work with the XMD-3
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
Brian-the wiring harness is exactly the same, so all you have to do is plug in the harness and the RCA's and your ready to roll. I don't know how much better it is that the XMD3, but for me replacing the XMD1-I get the aux. imputs for the ipod, I gain a third RCA, and I really like the rotary knob. I think the rest is just persaonl preference. I had to stay w/ the Clarion because of the location and size. Once shes hooked up, I will post more.

Keith-as Grant said, I don't think the remote will work...and I'm having a little trouble finding a new one in stock somewhere.

Grant-the black end pieces are just rubber and only extend to the edge of the stereo. If you look at the last pic, you can see 2 posts that the rubber piece slides over. Don't it seem that every project turns in to 4 or 5!
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-27-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Still does not play MP3's. When will Clarion add it.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-27-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hi Mike,

What a bummer, don't you wish these radio guys could standardize on sizing better!

If I were in your place I would just make a trim piece out of black abs. You can cut it out with a dremmel, it's a bit of work but in the end it should be much easier to do then something wrapped in vinyl, might even look better as well since the new radio already has lots of black accents.

PM me if you have any questions.

mikeskiw@gmail.com
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
Hey How do you Load Cd's into the XMD-4 do you have a photo with the face open and how much did you pay for it.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-27-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
does it have a AUX Input so you can hook up an ipod?
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Yes it does.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-27-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
yes it has Aux inputs but they don't work in imaginary boats
Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
I was thinkng the same thing
Old    jcrider            03-27-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
I was wondering if it had an Aux that hooks up to your rents mc/visa acct. oops, thats what the ATM is for, what was I thinking !
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-27-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
just wait until JUNE!!!!!
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Grant- the CD's load just like before. I found it on line for $289 I think it was. Let me know if your interested...I'll pull the papers and find out exactly what I paid and where.

Old    whitechocolate            03-27-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
Wow that whole face plate swings open. I like the rotery nob also. $289, thats a good deal where did you pick it up, Becides the AUX imput what dose the CDM-4 do over the XMD-1 and XMD-3
Old    bronco991            03-27-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Doesn't The XMD-3 have an AUX input?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-27-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
Wow! Did you notice that Mike Todd has an "air" subwoofer?

Very cool!

Kyle - my XMD3 has AUX inputs.
Old    crzyazn            03-30-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
I called Clarion in Marine Audio division and was told, they are working on a adapter from the XDM3 to the new CDM4. Should be available around June of this year.
David
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-01-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
I'd really like to hear how you like this once you figure out a solution for the backing plate and hook it up to your I-Pod. Was looking for a replacement for our XMD1 in our Pro-V also but kind of disappointed Clarion didn't add MP3/WMA capability though :-(

Are you hooking up a new wired remote to this also ?

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       04-06-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if the remote above will work with the XMD3? I want to add a remote to the back of my boat. Thanks
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   

This will work with the CMD4
Old    pmack            04-14-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
How do you like the CMD4 so far? I'm considering replacing my XMD1 with the CMD4 and would love to get some feedback prior to purchasing. How hard was the install?