Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-18-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
I was just wondering if many people do raleys off the Dup. Seems pretty hard, and I cant think of avideo where someone does one. Anyway, may be a stupid question, but my buddy and I were talking about it and curious
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
pointless mixtape/ parks double up or nothing. Gator does a hoochie glide off the double up.
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have seen my friend do one and it was awesome. I think we got it on a video. I will check with him to see.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
A lot of ppl do them of a DU, Its just as easy off a DU as the wake. As long as you load the line its no problem.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
I think you should do a suicide raley off the DU
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-18-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Didnt Shaun Murray win Parks DUP contest for the biggest air with a raley based trick? I know I saw some vid of that online
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
no but it was freaking huge!!! I have a shot of it
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-18-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
I came across this the other day... It's not me, but whoever it is... DAMN!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Hoochie-to-Blind-of-Double-Up_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20634

-Blake
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
why do people find it necessary to ride with out a vest...
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-18-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Represent Minnesowda! Thats Collin Ryan behind Andy Nitzel's Way sacked out MC somewhere in Whitebear Lake, MN...

Thats his go to trick. I think that he won the DUP section of the LF slide show with that trick if I am not mistaken.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            01-18-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Blake it says:
Quick Info: Colin Ryan @ MN - Hoochie to Blind of Double Up.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-18-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
I have never done a raley off a double-up, but indy glides are mucho easier. Just a thought.

Mike, why do you find the need to get involved in other peoples business?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
Maybe because it's a bit on the stooooopid side to ride without some floaty protection.

When you post on a message board it becomes everyone's business. Consensus is that riding without a vest is an unwise choice, people have died as a consequence, good people. In a sport that comes under fire for it's large wakes and is associated with teak surfing, it's bad to push the envelope on unsafe practice even more.

Regardless, it's personal choice, but I second Mike that it's a dumbass thing to do, especially when attempting high risk tricks. I have had more than one occasion to pull someone out of the water with broken ribs & the wind knocked out of them, mild concussions, and most recently a broken femur. Nobody rides on my boat without a vest, I don't want to be the guy diving under the water looking for a sinking friend, f that.

End soapbox high horse speech.
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-18-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
darin shapiro? s-bend
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
My son did a Hoochie off the DU at Worlds and was the first one he's ever done off the DU. I was thinking whattttt. But he landed it and all was good.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-18-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Thanks for the info???

-Blake
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-18-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
When you got a small wake to begin with you use the Double for that squirrely S-Bend!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-18-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
check this out!
www.wakepics.com/img/20634 HOOCHIE TO BLIND OFF THE DUB! It's my buddy Colin Ryans trademark trick!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-18-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Theres another one is this video at around 30 seconds in. To the untrained Eye they kinda make it look like Jade is doing the Hoochie to Blind but it Colin from the MN Slide Show! Where we were tuff enough to Hit the DUBS!! Rumor has it they didnt do it all the stops--wussies!

www.10000wakes.com/media/media.php
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-18-2007, 9:19 PM Reply   
HAhahahahaha

BLAKE

THATS COLING RYAN FROM MN!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-18-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Okay SO I should Read all the posts before I just start posting, seems like everything has already been talked about.

Everyone needs to get off the No Vest Kick. I don’t see people complaining about Ricky G, Danny Hampson, etc. about not wearing a vest. I am in No Way endorsing not wearing a vest, I wear one everytime, but it was about as controlled of a situation as you can get; good water, 2 Chase boats, and a stationary boat that I drove the Dub around. Colin didn’t even want to post that video because I posted some footage last summer of him doing a toe-niner off the dub with no vest on and people went nests.

Speaking of which.

www.wakepics.com/img/20635

There’s another one for you from this summer, notice the vest? Anyway, "I hope we all can just get a long," and respect sick riding when we see it.

Peace-
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-18-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
Amen. Go tell it on the mountain, Andy.
Old    kc700            01-19-2007, 2:26 AM Reply   
some old clip i had laying around...more of a glide i guess.....but ill call it raley based for this threads sake.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJgLaLsSTLI
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-19-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
andy, i dont post too much on here, but i have seen lots of your riding videos and pictures. very impressive!! however, i am pretty sure i have seen you without a vest on. correct me if i am wrong.

as for people complaining about ricky g, or danny hampson....i think it every time no matter who it is. and i know others feel the same because they post it every time. obviously there is a reason for the concern. its that accidents happen. this has been talked about NUMEROUS times on this site. i wouldn't expect anything less than the comments already written.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       01-19-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
hey if you want to die it's your business, in fact that is the last time i will say anything i promise. I say something when anyone rides with out a vest. I have pulled ricky and told him i wouldnt pull him with out a vest. I dont care how controlled you think a situation is, when corey kraut died i am almost positive there was a chase boat. That doesn't help. If you are falling hard enough to get knocked out, your board isn't going to stay attached and you are going to go down fast. Maybe you should ask Corey's family what they think, since his sister always asks me why people ride with out vests still. You would think that someone would maybe learn from another's unfortunate mistake, but hey go ahead and feel free to make it for yourself. I am sorry if i don't buy the idea of a controled situation. I hope this doesn't come off rude, i questioned replying to your comments, but this is one of those things i feel very passionate about. I hope i didn't single anyone out if i did it wasn't intentional. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-19-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
For the record...

I saw the title when I originally watched the clip, but I don't know Colin Ryan.

Also, I've rode without a vest, in the past... But choose not to anymore.

-Blake
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-19-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
It is the exact same as driving without a seatbelt... do you yell at someone if you see them, and tell them to put it on?

If that person wants to die, go ahead and let them. Stay out of it.

Nice videos, Andy.
Old     (toeside900)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-19-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
It's not as much a "do you want to die or not" issue, as what are the young, influential newcomers taking in. Its kind of like the whole athletic shoe appeal. If you want to play like so and so, you have to wear what so and so wears. In wakeboarding it could be taken, "Pro #1 doesn't wear a vest, I don't have to either." Not everyone is aware of the situation surrounding photo shoots. Kids see someone killing it in a photo w/o a vest, and what do they do when they get a chance? They ride w/o a vest. Riding with out a vest is risky! I would never recommend it or condone it. However, I think that influential riders--pros and non pros--ought to take more responsibility in setting the standard of wearing a vest.
(Message edited by toeside900 on January 19, 2007)

(Message edited by toeside900 on January 19, 2007)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-19-2007, 11:15 PM Reply   
i think we should forget vests completely...

and all wear ski belts again.