Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
I am thrilled to be ordering a 2012 MB but I am torn between Tomcat or Widebody?

I like the added space of the wider bow. Better backwards facing seating. More room to hang out.

Is there any downside to the picklefork? Water over the bow? Visability during bow rise?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-01-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Dane,
Congrats! SHould be an awesome boat! The BU's are just soo expensive! My vote is tomcat! Love the look of the pickle and the extra room seems nice! I have heard that the pickle forks do NOT dunk very easily. Bow rise seems like it should be unchanged. Plus MB has the wakeplate now so that will help with bow rise! GOOD LUCK!

Jeff

PS. The speakers are great! Thanks!
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-01-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have the tomcat and never have any issues with water coming over the bow I fully load my boat too. I've had twelve people on it and she preformed very well. Make sure you get the wakeplate, you won't regret it. It's great tool to get on plane faster. You'll be happy with either boat, mike has done a great job designing the boats.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
On the exterior/interior, I am ordering the gray X with black back/underside and shades of gray on the interior.

Here's a rendition from the 2011 "build a boat" tool (the 2012 will be somewhat different).
Attached Images

Last edited by diamonddad; 08-01-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-01-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
nice, you going metallic on the grey?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
The metalic options are: SILVER, CHARCOAL, RED & BLUE. So, I could make the X metalic if I went with Charcoal. But, I worry that that may be too close to the black in color. Not enough contrast.

Regarding Vinyl colors do you think medium gray on the seat cushion roll will get too hot in the delta sun (example in photo below)?
Attached Images

Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-01-2011, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Regarding Vinyl colors do you think medium gray on the seat cushion roll will get too hot in the delta sun (example in photo below)?
Yes. I have the light grey and it gets hot. The bimini coverage is good but the back of the cockpit gets hot if not occupied.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-01-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
If anyone has a PIC of an MB boat with the CHARCOAL METALIC, please post it! I would live to see it.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Any darker color will get blistering in the cali sun! Mine has just a few charcoal accents and you definately don't want to touch those in the summer! The darker constrasts are killer looking but you'll be using a lot of towels if you do!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
That's mint! Pretty sure you have been looking at getting a new boat since I joined the forum in 02-03! Ha ha. So glad you have found what you want. TWB for my money on purely looks alone.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-01-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
On the exterior/interior, I am ordering the gray X with black back/underside and shades of gray on the interior.

Here's a rendition from the 2011 "build a boat" tool (the 2012 will be somewhat different).
where is the engine on that boat? the sun deck is tiny
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-01-2011, 8:08 PM Reply   
I am also REALLY interested in this topic. I've spent some time in the B52 twb, but havent had the chance to be in the 21tc. I've always deemed the space in front of the glass somewhat useless in most scenarios (not a family guy here). So are you people with 21tc's using the bow more for the simply fact it is more spacious?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-02-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
Dane,

Congrats on your decision. I think you'll be really happy with the MB.

As you know I have had both the TWB and the F21. Here are my thoughts...

Make the decision based on looks, not function. They are not different enough to make a difference. With that said, here are the subtle differences I have noticed:

1) The F21 bow is not that much bigger, if at all. This surprised me. It is just as wide at the windshield and obviously wider at the nose , but not quite as long as the TWB (windshield to nose). So if you are sitting facing forward with your legs up, your knees will be a bit more bent. Make sense? I think the pics you posted show this. Personally, I don't care because nobody over the age of 12 is ever up there in our boat.

2) The F21 interior width is actually less than the TWB. Yes, both boats have 100" beam and are plenty wide. But the F21 has wider gunnels by an inch or so on each side. So the resulting F21 interior width is 2-3 inches narrower than the TWB. I knew this when I got the F21 and didn't think I'd notice. But I do. It's not a huge deal; doesn't affect how many people I bring along. It just seems a little smaller inside to my eye. Could also be that I went with a much darker interior on my F21.

As I said above... these are very minor differences. So go with the boat that really makes you feel excited. Frankly, given the way you like clean and simple designs, I'm surprised this is even a question.

One last nit pick... the F21 pics you show above are actually a 2011. Here are the same pics of a 2012.

Last edited by ixfe; 08-02-2011 at 8:31 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback IXFE!

I am going to go with the 21WB. Now, I just need to resolve my interior colors but that can happen while the boat is in the works.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-02-2011, 10:01 AM Reply   
^^^ I knew you'd pick TWB.

You won't be disappointed.