Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       12-03-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
I just got a new Bare Ultradry drysuit. This is the first drysuit I have ever owned and was curious on how to maintain it, and the easiest way to get it on without damaging it? Maybe these are stupid questions but any feedback would be appreciated.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-04-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Matt,
Don't leave the zipper zipped unless its on you.
Don't ever bend the zipper when storing or tucking it away in the boat.
Don't let your chick use it without removing her rings and ear rings. (Thats how mine got torn)
Don't let anyones fingernails be used to pull off the wrist or ankle seals.
Lube the zipper now and then with zipper lube.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-05-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
Brent, why do you say to leave the zipper unzipped? I have always thought it was better protected when it was zipped. I store my suit on a thick clothes hanger and always zip the zipper when I hang it (making sure it is completely dry inside first, of course).

I agree with the other tips for sure. Protect those seals! Be sure to treat them with the conditioner you got with you suit. I treat my seals about once or twice a year - same with the zipper.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-05-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Dan,
The zippers on dry suits are called compression zippers.
If you leave them zipped/ compressed, they tend to lose the tight tolerance that is needed to keep them watertight.
I was taught that when using them for diving and never argued. It sounds logical to me...
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Dan -Brent is 100% right about leaving the zipper un-zipped when not using. Don't fold or bend it either. Also, I use the zipper wax to keep my zipper lubricated.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-06-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
That is good information, guys! Thanks!

I guess I'll be leaving my zipper open starting today (after my set )