Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    smithbros            05-12-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
whats up everyone......so heres the story....just bought a new boat(1989 mastercraft ts190) about two maybe three weeks ago......us guys thought it would be cool to put a couple subs in to add to the stereo....Im about 2hrs away from my boat so i guess my older brother decided to put it in a couple days ago........making a long story short......he screwed four screws through the bottom of our new boat......whats even more stupid is he didnt even know he did it.....left it for my dad to find and he totally flipped along with me as well....couldnt believe this happened.....i havent seen the damage yet and here is my Question......how much damage is it gonna cause and is it an easy fix????please let me know soon cause i cant stop flipping out....just want to punch my brother in the $#%@#$% mouth!!!!lata
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-12-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Punch him in the mouth first then take the screws out. Get a gel coat repair kit and fix it. It should be real easy if the holes are not to big ( which they shouldnt be. You may have to get it professional fixed if it is really bad, but it should not cost more than $250 . to fix all four holes.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-12-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
When the stereo shop installed my stereo, they put the screw that holds the fuse in place, right through the side. I took it in to get professionally done. It was right up at the top, so it was completely visible. The repair place said they could do it the cheap way, which "Should match all colors." or the expensive way "Which WILL match all colors." I said, I wasn't paying, and to go the correct way. It cost $550. My point, go the cheap way, since it is on the bottom, and won't be seen. Should be less than half what mine cost, for each whole.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
You should change your name to something not including the 'bros' in it. He needs to be disowned for defacing sacred idols.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            05-13-2006, 1:33 AM Reply   
nice triple post....
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-13-2006, 4:37 AM Reply   
it was a little confusing at first, same title means that everyone will respond to one of them thinking that they are all the same. oops!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-13-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
--
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
not a huge problem, in fact, fairly basic...

this might be a good example of "accidents happen" and taking it easy on your bro might get you a clear card the first time you do something stupid with the boat!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-14-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Good call Mike.
Old    alanp            05-14-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
get some marinetex, it costs a few bucks no big deal.