Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Lets face it, Im a fat ass. Im 6'1" 235lbs. Anywho, how much pull can a tower hold without busting out the attachment points in the fiberglass? My boat is a 06 Centurion Air Warrior, my dealer told me not to worry that I will never hurt the tower but my concern is the limit. What if I decide to board with another rider behind my boat, will it hold 2 riders totalling out around 400lbs?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
You're tower should be able to hold 2 riders fine. Even though you might weigh more than the average pro, they probalby put much more pull on the tower in their cuts than you and I do even though we may weight more.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how fast someone is going on a raley-cut?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-08-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
really fast, and pullin on the boat really hard.....
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-10-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Hey Guys-

Saw your post and though I'd share a little knowledge that we found out during some extensive testing we did with an OEM partner about 2.5 years ago.

We had a Tower mounted on a 20 foot I/O without extra reinforcement. With a secure boat and special measuring rig we were able to pull over 1800lbs straight backwards, left and right at approx. 45 degrees, down at the approx. angle of a deep water start and up at about a 15 degree angle above the tower (what we would consider a pretty solid double up hit).

We then took the measuring rig to the water and at the beginning of December I hopped in the water (up in Minnesotta in a light snow- I was not a really willing participant). My weight was approx. 175lbs and doing a deep water start like a true struggling begginner (legs straight- killing my back- pushing like crazy against the boat) I was able to exert only 335 lbs of force on the tower. While I was riding the numbers were between 1/3 and 2/3 my weight.

While cutting both in and out of the wake for Raleys The greatest force I was able to exert was just over 200lbs.

Considering your scenario involves a boat specifically made for wakeboarding I think you can draw your own conclusions...

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-10-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
i heard from someone that they did a test and put a pressure meter on the rope while someone was cutting in and he said that it read 1000lbs during really hard cuts..it was some interesting stuff!!
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Thanks for the insight Marc. Being a beginner to the sport and just buying my first wakeboarding boat ever, I have a few concerns. Thanks again!!