Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    xtremebordgurl            05-09-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Anyone know how it works? Is it just a direct plug in or what? Is there a place to set the mp3 player? Anyone used it and what are your thoughts?
Old    noah_d            05-09-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
should be rca jacks in the back of the tuner, get the accessary from what ever device you will be using to plug in there, if the tuner is the same as the 05 modle, then can put 200 or 300 mp3 on a cd, that was easier for me
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-09-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
I have an ipod and was going to try to use it on the boat so I was just curious how that worked, cd's will prolly be mostly used but we'll see. Noah have you seen the setup in the bu's? Does it look easily accessible? Thanx for the feedback so far.
Old    noah_d            05-09-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
yea, go to themalibucrew.com or wakesiderides.com come, lots of info out there. a lot people had them installed by the driver's cup what ever that is called, i ended up installing my satilite radio there... but go on one of those sites and and you get some good idea's
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
on my vlx, the mp3 direct plug-in is right above all the circuit breakers. at first, i didn't think it had one and had to use the cigarette-lighter car adapter with the radio tuned to a pre-set station. it's hard to find, but i'm sure it's there somewhere
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-09-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Yeah, I've got one on my 2006 VLX, so I would think you'd have one on the LSV. It's a small headphone-type plug is about 12 inches below the stereo. Just plug in the iPod (you'll probably need to buy the cable) and use the auxiliary source and that should do it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
I am going after this project Thursday. Looks like a fairly painless process and about $40 worth of materials.

Here is a photo of someones finished product.

Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Sorry...that is assuming that you don't already have the plug set up as Dave does. This is a project going from the back of the stereo, back into the boat(glove box).
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-10-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
sweet! thanx guys!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-10-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
There is a 1/8 headphone jack under the head unit. Buy a male-to-male 1/8" cable and plug one end into the jack and the other into your mp3 player. Turn the radio on "AUX" and you are set.