Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2003, 10:06 PM Reply   
Who has ridden one? How does it shift?
and is it the next step?
Old    hyperryd            09-09-2003, 11:18 PM Reply   
I have one on my '04 B-52. It is the shizzle. Under full throttle it is a very firm shift. Medium throttle and less it is very smooth. I think that any boat that is going to use a lot of ballast, (ie.1000lbs or more), would gain significant performance and fuel economy from a two speed. It also has two speeds in reverse, which suprised me. It is an expensive option that is worth it's weight in gold. Go drive one and see.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-10-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
I too have ridden in/boarded behind one. The shift is hard when the motor is throttled up. You can bring the throttle back to minimize the jerk. The boat does well when fully weighted and then some.

I suppose it could be the next step for boats with a large factory ballast option like the b-52. But we'll see.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-11-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hope more mfg's catch on. I'd like to see one on on my next noti, minus the 2spd rev. Don't know if it'll go futher than 2 spd but a few years ago I helped a buddy hook a Turbo350 (GM 3 spd auto from a truck) up to a 454 in a Nordic that he pulled speed skiers with. Pretty easy to do. Fast outta the hole, real fast top end. Legit 90mph. Don't think I'll get that top end outta a noti but I agree on the perfomance/economy when pushing a weighted boat through the water.