Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    textejas            10-28-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
I have searched for weeks without finding much information about new boat pricing. MSRP is one thing, actual price is another. Without published pricing or the ability to check pricing it is impossible to find out if you are being quoted a fair price.

C.C. I have been told is offering rebates. Do not know how much, what models, what years are included.

As a point of reference it would be nice if people could post Model, Make, and option package, eg; C.C. Signature, Limited, or Team Edition and the price paid.

If any reps have current rebate information that would also be helpful.
Old    dholio            10-28-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
You are going to have fun with this one. From what I have seen, Malibu and MC dealers have a lot of flexibility on their pricing. CC is the only one that I know of that quotes you and everyone else the same price for the same boat. I have seen the price wars at boat shows before and it makes people mad because one minute, the dealer quotes you 38,000 and then you mess with another dealer and go back to that guy and he will tell you 36,000 just to make the deal.
I believe CC is offering a 2,000 rebate on 2003 in stock models. They are also offering a no payment, no interest plan until April I think it is. Check there website and you will see what they are offering. Other than that, I can't tell you much. Good Luck!!
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-28-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
Good luck, The only manufacture that had there prices posted at the last L.A. boat show was Mastercraft. The other brands we looked at were anything but straight forward on there pricing. It's all a big game.
Old    textejas            10-28-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
This is precisely my point. Lets take the dealers out of the equation and compare notes. How do you or anyone else know that CC quotes the same to everyone throughout the country?

My local dealer who I have purchased from for eight years quoted me the following:

If ordered before Dec. 15th:
2004 216 Limited with all Team Options less the $950 upcharge on hull color, Single Axle Trailer, Heater, Shower, dual batteries, Custom Cover: $46,443.
This includes a "fall discount" and a "dealer rebate" whatever these are.

This appears to be a very good deal considering I have seen used 2003 with less advertised for more money by private parties. Obviously, they were not quoted the "same CC price" I am.
Old    dholio            10-28-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
They probably bought theirs at a different time of the season and they may also be trying to cover labor costs for other things. What kind of trailer were you quoted with? This could make over a 1000 dollar difference. Some people are also way out of line when they post their prices on their used boats. What I was really trying to say earlier was that a dealer in a region will quote the same to all of his customers on a CC. I can speak for one dealer in state A and one in state B though. These dealers also have different freight costs which could fluctuate the cost enough too.
Old    textejas            10-28-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
DJL

Single Axle Trailer--does not matter the make, negligible price difference.

Why the secrets with CC? I can talk to two different salespeople at the dealer, one informs me about a Team has a $950 upcharge built into the option of having hull color other than white (upcharge applies regardless if a color is selected or not). Also informed the inevitable scratches to the hull (trailer, dock, and debris in water)are magnified if a color other than white is selected for the hull. Second salesperson, different day, was upset to find out I was informed about the upcharge (regardless if exercised or not)--salesperson reluctantly agreed that I was correctly informed.
If CC has rebates--why not publish them? If the dealers all charge the same amount--why not publish MSRP and let the consumer negotiate?

If CC offers discounts in the fall why not publish them also?

As far as shipping. Most CC dealers I have dealt with are very cost conscience. Shipping is maximized from Florida--8 boats to a truck, tower ship seperately. To make certain they have a "full load" they work with other dealers to share the costs.

Consequently, a boat shipped to my home state will be somewhat less than to the Northwest. Likewise, within a region, the costs should be less than $100.

These certainly do not add up to thousands of dollars on a like for like quote.

Better yet, why don't you post a quote for a 216 Team and a 210 Team FOB factory, I will arrange and pay for shipping. The other consumers in this forum would appreciate the information.

I convinced my wife over a decade ago to switch from the beer boat to the holy craft. Now I have to convince her to go back to the beer boat; albeit our bible will be in the glovebox.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
In the grand scheme of things does it even matter? Make sure you are comfortable with the price and that you are sure its what you want. Find out MSRP and pay under that. Look at resale, like you have done, and you can determine if you will be able to get out of the boat in the near future. Remember, someone is always going to get a better deal. For some reason I just can't figure out why people have to always get the best deal.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-29-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Make sure you compare apples to apples.
Why are you comparing prices of a 210 Team and a 216 Team? They are two completely different boats.

The 210 is much MORE expensive due to the V-Drive configuration, as well as the popularity of a SAN. Options are other things that you need to look at. Does the new/used boat have a bimini, tower speakers, tower lights, dual axle trailer, upgraded rims, better sound system? All of this affects the price by Thousands.
Old    textejas            10-29-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
I am not looking for the "best" deal. Are you dealers or consumers? Consumers or idiots? I can build you a skyscraper, do you care what it costs? I own my business, have for decades consequently price is not, nor has it ever been an object.

What is the issue is knowing what I choose to purchase represents "fair market value."

I have owned boats long enough and have purchased enough items to know how to compare apples to apples.

I want the 216, wife wants a 210.

Decided last night because of CC's attitude, further expressed by these posts, they have lost my business.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I am not a dealer. I have just always thought that if you are happy with the price, no matter the product, buy it. Look at used and compare prices.

Seeing as how you live in Dallas, I would HIGHLY recommend looking at Texas Mastercraft. Give Ray a call and I think you would feel very happy with the treatment they give....972-399-0111
Old    leggester            10-29-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Well, I guess I'm fuggin idiot then!

At least I've been around boats and marketing enough to know that boat dealers won't give an MSRP.

I don't even really care what you keep in your glove box.

You come on here looking for info like a used car salesman then insult the folks? Better pull the bible out of the glove box and actually read it my friend.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-29-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
If you have found '03 216s with less options for more money than for a new '04, wouldn't you conclude that the price you have been quoted is better than your "Fair Market Value" you desire? Seems to be a logical assumption to me.

I can tell you what I do know, the MSRP for a '03 210 Team Edition was 54K, without a Trailer. 12-15% off MSRP was considered a good to excellent deal. Do a Search on the boards if you don't believe me.

I don't know the MSRP for '04.
Old    textejas            10-29-2003, 10:36 AM Reply   
My apologies. My first impression of this site was correct.

I will log off and let you boys to your own intellect.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-29-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Tex seems to have a little attitude problem. If you want some constructive information try lightening up. Think about using honey rather than s*** if you want some help. But then us idiots don't know S*** anyway so why ask us in the first place?
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-29-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have read this conversation a couple times trying to find out exactly what you are expecting as well as what you are upset about. While the cost for a boat is similar among dealerships, I 'm sure you will get different prices depending on overhead and other factors unique to the dealer. I would also imagine that when you buy will have a lot to do with your roll out price. Your profile says you are located in Dallas, and assuming you are dealing with Buxton, I am not sure how you can be upset. Although I live in Houston, I was very impressed with Buxton marine in my dealing with them in my brief tenure in Dallas as well as stories I hear from friends there. As far as price, I think you will have a tough time getting lower price at any dealer in Texas. Trust me, I have shopped the prices, and Buxton takes good care of people.

If price is not a concern and money is not an object, I am curious as to why you are spending so much time on this. I recently purchased a 210 Team from the dealer in Houston.. I did my homework, checked resale prices, asked what others were paying and based upon what I found I felt it was a good deal. I'm not sure what the purpose of MSRP on cars is, when buying my truck, it was not ever really a factor. I bought based upon dealer cost, the MSRP was a mythical figure written on the window sticker. the dealer is going to sell you the boat based on supply and demand. IF he can sell to you at price where he makes enough money to justify his time then that is the price.. if he thinks he can sell to someone else for more, then he will hold the boat and wait for the right buyer. Given that, there will be different situations,. It my understanding our boat had been at the dealership for several months as the showroom boat, the dealer had been paying interest on it, and with the season nearing the end, was willing to sell at a lower price than had I ordered the boat or bought it last spring.

Sounds like you are more mad at the American way than Correct Craft.. Capitalism a mofo sometimes, but your a business owner, so I guess you already knew that.

I think if you were to ask what everyone paid for similar boats you may be more successful, getting any type of dealer to post their costs… good luck… I don’t know what type of business you are in, but I know of very few that let the customer know exactly what they are making on each deal. I sure don’t know what the cost of the burger I just ate, I just know what I paid, but I’m sure Wendy’s did good charging me $2.99 for it.

Which brings me to my next point.. does anyone know the MSRP of a Big Mac? Just want to make sure I’m not over paying.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-29-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Textejas does need to calm down a little bit. To give him some credit, however, it does sound absurd when one person asks why it's important to get the 'best deal'. Considering what I was quoted after telling the dealer I was in a well-paid occupation, next time I'll tell them I'm a janitor at the thrift store. There does seem to be a wide variety of what you'll be quoted, and it seems clear no one knows or is willing to tell what is a fair price for a boat. I was finally left with Justin's advice - take what feels good and run with it.

BTW Tige does publish its MSRP on its website.
Old    jzwake            10-29-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Many boat sites have MSRPs just not CC or MC
Old    textejas            10-29-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Learned a long time ago, I cannot compete with stupidy. Big Mac vs 50k boat, come on....

I have read numerous posts on this site about how my brand is better than your brand, how bad the dealers are, how a Malibu is $10k-$15k less than a CC, how aggressive MC is on pricing, how CC is a Cafe boat builder, etc., etc.

What I have not seen is any information about what boats are purchased and for what price.

I like my dealer, we have an exceptional relationship. I trust them implicitly. I have purchased three new CC's, after re-sale the ownership cost of the boats has been $3,700 (excluding F.O.G. and maintenance.) My first boat, 21 years ago cost me more than that.

My point was lost. I prefer to be an educated consumer, I will leave the whimsical comparisons between burgers and a 50k boat to those of you in the Mensa club. http://www.mensa.org/workout.html
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 1:21 PM Reply   
Whimsical comparisons? You made the comparison between a sky scraper and a boat. Isn't that more whimsical than a boat and hamburger comparison? Or am I competing with stupidity by using what you said?
Old    textejas            10-29-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
You have skipped too many classes
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 1:38 PM Reply   
Wow...you come on the internet call people idiots and stupid yet I am the one that you are inferring is uneducated...
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
My friend is comparing new Nautiques with new Mastercrafts. A Nautique dealer faxed him the official CC MSRP list. A base 216 TEAM is $52,627 and a base 210 TEAM is $55,682. There are your starting points.
Old    skionone            10-29-2003, 1:53 PM Reply   
"Why the secrets with CC? I can talk to two different salespeople at the dealer, one informs me about a Team has a $950 upcharge built into the option of having hull color other than white (upcharge applies regardless if a color is selected or not). Also informed the inevitable scratches to the hull (trailer, dock, and debris in water)are magnified if a color other than white is selected for the hull. Second salesperson, different day, was upset to find out I was informed about the upcharge (regardless if exercised or not)--salesperson reluctantly agreed that I was correctly informed."
A few post later.....
"I like my dealer, we have an exceptional relationship. I trust them implicitly. I have purchased three new CC's, after re-sale the ownership cost of the boats has been $3,700 (excluding F.O.G. and maintenance.) My first boat, 21 years ago cost me more than that."

Which is it Tex? I think you just wanted to see how many people you could get excited with your uneducated post. No dealer in their right mind is going to quote you a low margin deal over the internet. None the least, on a public forum.
And if you are actually in the market for a new boat, why are you working your dealer and not being honest with them. Seems like buying boats from them over the past eight years would give you a good relationship with one salesperson and not try to work them over. What classes are you speaking of that us stupid idiotic consumers have missed??
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
"What classes are you speaking of that us stupid idiotic consumers have missed??"

I believe he was referring to the 22 year old with that comment.
Old    aka sickboy            10-29-2003, 2:08 PM Reply   
"I like my dealer, we have an exceptional relationship. I trust them implicitly."

If you trust them so much, why are you asking for other input? From what I have seen, price depends on the options chosen. Unless you can find someone who bought the same boat, with the same options you want, you're not going to get the information you're looking for. It seems that you're afraid of getting "Buyers Remorse" after your purchase, it may happen, it may not. Educating yourself on boat pricing is NOT the same as buying a car. Like others have pointed out, it depends a lot on supply and demand IN YOUR AREA. If your boat dealer sells a lot of boats, the manufacturer probably gives them some sort of incentive, which allows them to lower the price. If the dealer is in a high-rent location, the prices will be higher, they have more overhead to cover. You have to research all of this specific to your local area, and it takes time.

I'm guessing your an impatient little B****, since you're coming on here and attacking people for giving you advice. Your attitude is reminiscent of much of the discussion I’ve seen on other sites. Since your first impression of this site was correct, maybe you can find better information somewhere else.

mb
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-29-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Anyone else pickup on the desire to have a 216 over a 210?

Somebody needs to find an uptight, slalom skier web site.

How about the Speedo versus board shorts question...

Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-29-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
Now that you have changed the argument to stupidity, I have to wonder.. IF your dealer is offering you an 04 boat with more options than used 03 boats you have checked, even an idiot can figure out that you are getting a great deal. Even Forrest could have figured that one out… What exactly is your question? MSRP? As stated earlier, if there is a list available, that would be a dealer question, If I were a CC rep, I wouldn't go on to an internet message board and post our cost. Also, I think it has been established that boats price will be influenced by many factors, thus a nationwide MSRP would be very difficult to obtain.

Oh and by the way.. the hamburger referral was an analogy, something they taught me when I actually attended class..
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-29-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   

Tex, Try logging on beforeyou drink that 30 pac.
Old    textejas            10-29-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Whoa boys

Talk about the BVD's being too tight!

Read the original post. What Question was asked? Who said the information was for me?

My mistake was overestimating the audience.

When was it said I wanted either a 216 vs. a 210. And yes boys, I know the difference. I do not need a SAN with 3,000 lbs of balast to "throw an invert on a wake board or the Air Chair." Likewise, I do not need a Pro Star 190 to ski the course at 28' off.

FYI: all of your assumptions, albeit amusing, have been incorrect. My new boat was ordered before the post.

Im out
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-29-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
Real nice..... I guess even pricks are big in Texas.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
So what boat did you decide on?
Old    skionone            10-30-2003, 7:17 AM Reply   
I bet Tex is full of S*** and doesn't even own a boat. Nothing he has said makes an ounce of sense. Now he throws a MC 190 into the equation?? This dumb ace does not represent the rest of the Dallas population. We are not all that arrogant.
Old    aka sickboy            10-30-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
My new boat was ordered before the post.

I knew it, he's worried about buyers remorse. Why do you buy something, and then ask questions about pricing??? Moron.

mb
Old    oshensurfer            10-30-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
*sniff sniff* I smell a troll.
Old    dholio            10-30-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
I want the 216, wife wants a 210.

Decided last night because of CC's attitude, further expressed by these posts, they have lost my business.
This comment was made the day after he first started posting. Obviously he didn't order the boat before his first post. What an idiot. If I were a dealer, I wouldn't sell him a boat. I would rather continue paying interest on the boat instead of dealing with his SH__
Old    jzwake            10-30-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
He has buyers remorse coupled with the fact that he sees comparable boats for far less then his "trustworthy" dealer charged him and now hes confused. To compensate he then tries and put himself above everyone else by acting like he has superior intellect, this makes me think he may just be a smart 16 year old fishing for boat prices.

I enjoyed this post throughly and liked how Tex expects everyone to offer out what they spend on thier toys. I for one don't mind telling someone what I paid for my boat (39500) But other people do.

If you want to know what people payed for their boat, just come out and ask.
Old    leggester            10-30-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
$15.5K cash.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
I think he went with a metal flake Bassmater 2000.
Old    tattoobling            10-30-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
Yo Tex

Old    calawho            10-30-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
very, very nice kaiser.
Old     (mitchm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-30-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Did Tex even say thank you for all this info? And who in the %$#@ uses the word whimsical?