Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
So this past weekend the wife and I decided that it may be time to upgrade from our 1986 Dixie 299(in profile) its a great boat and runs strong. I came across a 2000 20i Tige for a reasonable price needs a tower and has 75 hours. Just wondering if that would be an upgrade though? I am guessing the ski wake will be a lot better but the wakeboard wake may not be there. I missed on a couple nice Supra Launch's. I am thinking stay with direct drive for the ski wakes and ease of working on. Also figured something around 20' is good as I live on a smaller lake. I know test drive them, but do you think it is a good idea to wait till fall and try to score a better deal? Do you think the new boats will come down in prices or even better incentives. I wouldn't mind the Moomba LS. Thanks for any input and info.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-08-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Be patient. There will be something a lot better than that boat. What price range are you looking at?

I just looked at your boat in your profile. I don't think that the tige would be an upgrade at all other than newer with some newer amenities.

(Message edited by polarbill on July 08, 2008)
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I agree with Brett, be patient. If you can stand to wait till winter, then you could get a smokin deal on a closeout 07 or 08.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I also agree to wait, since you already have a boat to get you through the rest of the summer. I think this fall there will be all kinds of deals.
Unless it was new and I had driven the same model,
I would never buy a boat I hadn't driven
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-09-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
I figured I would go for the drive and wake behind it, but definitely appreciate your info...

I am thinking I will wait like you guys suggested. I am really hoping for a killer deal come boat shows if I go new. OR just wait and see what comes around.

I am thinking a new Moomba LS or a nice used Supra Launch, I heard those are great all around boats.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-09-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
pm sent..
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-09-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
75 hours on a 2000 is too low. That motor might have issues from not being ran enough.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Nick it depends on the price. Could be worth it or might not be.

75 hours is not to low unlike cosmocat says. Not everyone runs there boats all day long. Some people use their boats to drive 5 mins and get to a cove and park for the rest of the day.
That's 9 hours a year. I know people who would beg for 9 hours a year on the water.

The tige's gonna be a definate upgrade over the boat you have now. Definately over the moomba as well. But that particular Tige won't be over the supra's your looking at. Good luck.

What's your price range, and maybe we can steer you in the right direction.
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-10-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
My price range for the used market was in the mid 20's. Of course depending on what it is. The Supra Launchs I missed on where 22k and 23k both with really low hours too. Up here in New England low hours is pretty common. My boat for a 1986 only has 600 now, which I doubled the hours owning it from when I bought it 4 years ago, it originally only had like 250 at purchase.
That Tige is like new, but needs a tower and asking 16K. But my boat now pulls strong and runs great. So the question would it be an upgrade may be not. And since mine is paid for now woudl it be worth it.
Thanks again for all the help and I appreciate all the input. Wakeworld is great with all the knowledge out there.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-10-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/739684409.html

Nick, I am in your area and always looking for a boat...so I can purchase one after a house (so I will be looking for a long time) If I come across anything I will keep you posted. This sport nautique seems like a good deal and it can throw a pretty good wake (so I hear from this site)

Good Luck
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-10-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/733121957.html
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-10-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/726438166.html
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
If you're looking at a Skier's Choice model, make sure you check the hull for blisters.