Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-10-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
For those who are in Nor Cal and that trailer to the delta, where do you put in? Recommendations welcome.

I am coming from San Jose.

Thanks

T
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-10-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Trevor,

From SJ either Rivers End, or Orwood. Think it is faster to get to Rivers End, however their ramp is steep and not for everyone. Not a problem though once you get the hang of it.
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       07-10-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
I live in san ramon and put in at orwood. They have nice ramps there. The area is pretty tight where the ramps are so when there are lots of boats coming in or out it can be a little tuff. Overall its good. Pricey though like 15 bucks to lauch. Should include a sandwich for that!
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'm in San Jose and drop at Orwood. Good riding spots close by and good food at the bar.

Ian it's 10 to launch.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Whiskey Slough marina has been completely renovated and is a pretty good place to launch from. Take I-205 to Tracy, Tracy Blvd north to Hwy Four. Go east about 2 miles, turn left on Trapper Road. Bear left at the next two funny intersections, across the railroad tracks and there it is.

Turner Cut has a decent ramp but it is STEEP! It is also only one lane, and narrow at that so it can be a zoo.

The ramp at Tiki Lagun is very, VERY bad. I keep a houseboat at Tiki and usually end up going down to Turner to haul my boat out.

Discovery Bay has a great ramp but it is very expensive. As Doug said, Orwood has a good ramp.

There are a few ramps at Bethel Island. The ramp right at the bridge onto the island is pretty good, I have launched there a few times.

If you are heading to the north delta then I would recommend Whimpy's. Note that at both Bethel Island and Whimpy's you could be launching into a significant cross current which can make loading the boat back on the trailer a tad difficult.

Rod
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-10-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
orwood.
10 bucks.
pretty quick to get to the fast water.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Rivers end isn't pretty, but it's the quickest to get to and works just fine. It's also right on decent water. Grant Line is a great slough for early morning riding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Rivers end. That puts you right in the goods!
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Rivers end is the best in my opinion, during the weekdays 45mins launch 2 mins to glass.