Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       06-24-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
My wakeboard pro is surging and not keeping a accurate speed, it varies between a couple MPH which really sucks wakeboarding. Has anyone had this issue before? IF so what did you do to fix it?
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Do you know about the NN and KDW settings? You may try to adjust these settings may or may not solve your issue. Also if your boat is not TBW you may need to add more return spring, I had to do this to mine due to PP would not rebound quick enough.

If you need pics let me know real simple to do.
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
Greg what is TBW, and I think your on the right page because the guy who installed it said my return spring on was needing to be replaced since it didn't come back to idle as fast as it should. So what exactly do I need to replace to fix it, before I put the PP on I never had this problem.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-25-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Deez, TBW means Throttle By Wire. If you have a mechanical cable that runs to your engine from the throttle lever you do not have throttle by wire. Many new engines have a sensor on the throttle lever and the engine management systems control the engine throttle.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
One other thing you could try... is

Contact Perfect Pass
Old     (perfectpass_pro)      Join Date: May 2008       06-25-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
hey Deez,

Going to need to know the model, make and year of your boat. Did it ever work? How old is it?

Aaron
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
You have any luck with this issue yet Deez?
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       07-08-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
Its in the shop right now getting worked on, Taking it out today to test it. Put new return spring on it before I took it in and that didn't do the trick. One thing I never did was test it in RPM mode or change my settings so he is going to do that. I'll let you know.
Old    K.B.C.            07-08-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
are you throttling up to riding speed then backing off the throttle?

If you're just slamming it full throttle it won't accurately control the speed. You need to back off the throttle once the boat is up to riding speed
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
cool
you will get it worked out just keep after it
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
I thought once you back off the throttle it automatically shuts off the perfect pass? At least in my boat it does. Once I get it up to speed it takes over but if I back the throttle up it takes it out of cruise.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-09-2008, 1:54 AM Reply   
I have a major issue with mine ( sorry to hijack)...it doesn't work! I took my boat in for some fiberglass repair at the transom (gramps put a pontoon through it) but when I got it back, the analog speedo doesn't work, the analog tach doesn't work and the buttons on pp don't work. I've checked connections and fuses and everythings hooked up right. it shows in the "off" mode with the speed displayed. if you press the "down arrow" the "NN" setting comes up...then none of the buttons work. also if you try to reset, and hold down menu and on/off it goes to the reset screen but then you can't do anything because none of the buttons work then! I would take it back to that shop, but they kept my boat for 3 months last time and I don't want to do that... any suggestions? its an 03 response lx
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 3:41 AM Reply   
It sounds like that may be a sofware issue,like the system isn't communicating with servo.
Have been on a buddys boat and his PP would just drop out for no reason (it would loose control of the throttle boat would accelerate to warp speed then re-engage like nothing ever happened) I believe PP updated his software and all is good now

Don't know if yours is doing the same but could be another ave to pursue

Side note if you have a single line display I have a PP chip that worked before if you would like to try it let me know
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 3:52 AM Reply   
ridin sippi don't know what you got happening but maybe if you feel comfortable doing it you can pull your sofware chip out of the master module and see if it resets from there but with buttons not working I would call PP and see what they tell you

Where you had glass work done is there storage facility climate controlled? Out of the weather?
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 4:08 AM Reply   
deez it should only disengage in netural you should be able to back off throttle and PP should stay engaged

My routine after rider is ready is tighten line accelerate smoothly to WOT as soon as boat starts to come up on plane pull back on throttle to catch boat or meet boat at desired speed trying not to under or over accelerate
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-09-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Greg, it is the single line display with the analog tach built in. I'm going home now and gonna hop in the boat and try to remove the chip and see what happens. If it doesn't work then ill call pp and see what they say. but if they end up saying I need to replac the chip or something I just might take you up on that offer with your chip. I appreciate that! Does anybody know who I should talk to at pp?

also the fiberglass place does not store boats in a climate controlled area, but when it was not in the shop, it was sitting right outside of it with the cover on it. thanks for your help!

by the way...I know the chip is in the module...but where is it on the module?
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
my module is located on wall under driver footwell on 02 xstar
no prob on chip I'm in OBX till the 13th but would be able to ship the chip if nessasary on the 14th
always glad to try and help out fellow wakeworlders
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
if you have trouble finding the master module you could follow the wires from the display to the MM
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-09-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
thanks man...I'm actually gonna e home late tonight but ill check it out first thing in the morning. I know where the master module is I just have never seen where a chip is in it. I guess its on the backside of it.
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
I looked on PP site but they dont have the instructions posted on how to remove the chip, they mailed them to me with new chip and display

any how you have to take cover off master module to get at chip also PP recommends a tool that is available at radio shack so you dont damage MM but it is not really needed just be careful prying the chip out

Ill try to find info and post it up
maybe someone will see this and scan and post the instructions