Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 10, 2008

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-02-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
04 Supra Launch DD
recent alternator replacement (rebuilt)

Spent the weekend on the boat and the fuel gauge is pegged past full. As much as I wish I could get through the rest of the summer on one tank of gas, I'm guessing it's not working. We have put fuel in the boat since the reading started not working and that didn't seem to jar it.

I tried to get at the wires from behind, but there is no way I can even fit my hand up there to get at the gauge. Any suggestions on how to fix??
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-02-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
flaot may be stuck in teh tank...but first check the connections at the tank and under the dash. full may be the default if there is a wire not connected
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-02-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
How do I get to the connections under the dash? I can't fit my hand up there ..... should I try to access them by pulling the gauge from the front?
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
If it happened just after you rebuilt the alternator you may have had an electrical spike and fried the fuel relay
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
That happened to me on my boat. It was the float jammed in the gas tank, so my tank always read full. I didn't actually fix it myself, the dealer did and he told me the problem. I hope this helps, beacuse I actually ran out of gas thinking the tank was full.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-03-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
Just tap on the guage that should work especially if you're the Fonz!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Hate, but actually tried that and it didn't work.

I think it happened before we knew the alternator was fried but can't remember for sure.

Any other suggestions??
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2008, 4:41 AM Reply   
You have to access the gauge by removing the entire gauge panel. Several small screws around the panel the gauges are mounted to.

Most gauge problems are due to the sending unit in the tank. You have to remove the floor panel to access the sending unit.