Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-09-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
I really want to put Sirius in my boat... I have a Sony deck that is compatible, I need to know what other parts I need and if there is a kit for a marine application... Any links or help would be helpful.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-09-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
I think there is a marine kit. I have one in my o7 fourwinns 180 and it came factory like that. sirius has a marine division, i'm not sure what there website is but you can probably google it. I would think all you need is the antena and the subscription
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-09-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
All you need is the SIR-SNY1. The antenna won't really attach to anything since magnets don't work too well on aluminum and fiberglass. If you want to go pro style, get the SRA-25 antenna but it isn't necessary.
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-09-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I mounted the antennae inside my dash behind my instruments. It's mounted as high as it will go, and I have only noticed a few occasions where I lost tunes for a few seconds.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-09-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
man that thing is huge LOL. mine is just a little dome thing. I will see what model it is when i take the cover off on sunday
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-09-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
if you get the sir-sny1 just use double sided tape on the antenna. you dont need to buy a special marine antenna.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
yeah i have just a car antenna and i taped it behind the gauges under the windsheild
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
Here's what I did.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18477

I'm not sure if Andy is saying we did something similar with the antenna. It's just the automobile antenna that I used velcro to secure it to the dash under the windshield. It's visible, but not obstructive.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on May 09, 2007)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-10-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
mounted my small round ant just behind the bow light using a little adhesive and velcro. You don't even see it unless you are looking for it.
Old    bocephus            05-10-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
I ziptie mine to the tower...
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-10-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
I had heard that Sirius and XM had merged. Is there any truth to this.
Old    bocephus            05-10-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=230306
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
last i heard they were still trying to get approval so they did not become a monopoly they were trying to prove they not only competed with eachother but all other radio and cd and even ipods
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2007, 4:41 AM Reply   
I picked up the SIR-SNY1 and got it all wired up and working yesterday. I need to mount the unit and clean up the wiring tonight... Pretty straight forward. The only problem I have is that it uses up the one audio input that I have (that I use for my MP3 player). I now have to buy the XA-300 to gain a few more inputs. I couldn't find one locally so I had to order it online. Crutchfield wanted $100 for it but I found a referb on UBid for $27 shipped, score... Anybody ever used one before? Looks pretty straight forward to install and use, but we'll see when it shows up...
Thanks for the help...