Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-16-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have idea but please confirm it for me thanks and what makes them the big three,sales alone?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-16-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
Good question! The 'Big Three' is changing. The big three have to some been thought of as Correct Craft, Mastercraft and Malibu. Now if you go by sales and numbers of boats sold a year, then the Big Three are Malibu, Mastercraft and Skiers Choice. I personally don't think in the terms of the 'Big Three'. There are alot of boat manufacturers in the wakeboarding and skiing industry and they all make a great product with their own niches in the market. There's also Tige, Centurion, Calabria and others. Skiers Choice is made up of Supra and Moomba boats. So, if your asking who sells the most boats then your answer is Malibu, Mastercraft and Skiers Choice.

(Message edited by kraig on September 16, 2005)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2005, 3:46 AM Reply   
in 2004 bu took the cake with almost 25% mkt share. followed by mc(20.6), and sc(moomba/supra)just barely beating cc by 0.5% at 13.5%!!

articleid=173,http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=173}

(Message edited by madchild1 on September 17, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-17-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Personally I don't think it's sales that divides them to be the top 3.I believe they are the top 3 b\c of the product they make.

MBZ doesn't sell the most cars but it's the best car in the world,on the street and the race track!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-17-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
On which race track is MBZ the best car in the world?
The track where it is the ONLY car on the track maybe.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-17-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   

sorry, don't mean to jack the thread. just curious.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-17-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
F1(formula 1) the fastest cars in the world
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-17-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
So Ed, since Moomba is considered to be a value-based boat (good quality for what you pay for), if you extend your list of Big 3 to say a Big 10, would Moomba be at the bottom? Even though SC sales are in the top 3?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
I think if it was based on quality, they would be called the 'Best Three', not the 'Big Three.' For example, when referring to the 'Big Three' auto makers, they are referring to GM, Chrysler and Ford. Doesn't mean they make the BEST cars in the world, just that they make the most cars.

And if you do go by your criteria then there isn't a 'Big Three'. It most likely would be the 'Big Four' or the 'Big Five.' Which ones to make up the four or five? That will possibly start a product war. If you ask me, the big four would be CC, Malibu, Supra and MC. But Tige makes a great boat as well as MB and others.

I also think it is based on who drives the market in research, design and innovation. But primarily, in my opinion, it's based on numbers.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2005, 11:53 PM Reply   
Sorry, Big Ed, did I miss something or is MBZ still losing in points to Rennault on the F1 circuit this year? Sorry about the jack- go Alonso.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-18-2005, 12:22 AM Reply   
Seconding what Machew is saying to Big Ed...if it weren't for Raikkonen & Montoya, (two of the best drivers in the world) MBZ would be even further down the points list.

Where's Mika Hakkinen when you need a world championship?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
I think this debate has been done before. Some think the big three should be in regards to sales numbers alone. I don't agree. Until there is another company making a better quality boat then CC, MC and BU then they will and are the big three. You can't disregard CC because they don't sell as many boats as Skier's Choice, quality and being around since 1925 count for a whole lot.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Man it is sure nice knowing I'm not the only Hakkinen fan still wishing he never took the helmet off.

And as far as the top 3, you can’t really look at it as a whole thing, only categories. Yes one mfg is making more than others, yes some cost a ton more than others (and for what?), but until you make your list and compare every little thing you can’t really answer “who’s the top3?” without asking “Who is the top three in what?”

If you are asking because you are looking to buy talk to owners of new and old boats not wishers, and if you are buying take your time, do your homework and demo. Not every boat is a perfect fit for everyone. Different boats offer different things that might fit someone else’s needs or wants better.

(Message edited by jamie lamar on September 19, 2005)
Old    gge_star            09-19-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
if you want to argue about mercedes go to a car site-we're wakeboard boat lovers here. i'd spend more money on my boat than any car in the world.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Bad day, Justin?

Relax lad. I get your point, but you're 16. Could you really be spending that much on 'your' boat?