Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-19-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Recently my daughters have been watching a lot of videos, and they asked me if it was possible to have a winch and slider in our backyard. Our backyard is a pretty decent size. I was wondering if anyone has done this and what would be the minimum length and width i would need to do this and any other input you would have.
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
you need a start pool that is about 5 feet wide and 20-25 feet long then what everrail you eant then another pool to land in i would make the landing pool wider prob like 15 feet wide to be safe and aboit the same length as the start pool so depending on how big you want the slider to be your ganna need at least 50 feet plus the length of the slider
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-19-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
you need a way bigger landing area than start up area!
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
you actually dont need it to much longer you need it wider 4 sher tho cause when you land you just let go you dont have to ride away far ive ridden slider comps that the landing pool is only about 20 feet long and it was ok
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
andy buy the way nice profile pic its pritty sick were you riding black top?
Old     (dstockton)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-19-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
I have about 100' to work with. What is a good depth?
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
your start has to b just deep enough that when you olly you dont hit the bottom so a couple feet and the landing pools are normally a bit deeper but its realy up to you