Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
I have been riding a 08 Lyman 135 with Hyperlite Remix bindings, nice board and nice bindings but I really want a board with more pop. I broke my lyman last week and was borrowing a board to ride for the rest of the year then my local dealer had an awesome deal on a brandnew 09 Watson 138 with Watson CT bindings in my size so I picked it up... what is the biggers notice i'm going to feel? i've heard to take the center fin out??
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
definatly take the center fin out. espically if your coming from the lyman. the watson has tons of pop, way more then the lyman, and the landings arnt bad either, but i also have not taken it into the flats. i ride the 139 lyman and my dad is on the 142 watson, and i cant decide which one i like more, i love both of them. you wont be dissapointed
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Wow, I just read my post. that has got to be the worst spelling and puncuation I have ever seen. Sorry guys!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
is there any paticular question you have? and how did you break a lyman?
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-10-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
No particular question, just wondering if anyone had rode both boards and what their comments were. i really like a board that rides fast and accelerates hard but everyone keeps telling me that i'm cutting too hard and that i'm landing out in the flats but not getting enough air, so i'm hoping this board will help my riding a little bit

I came down hard from a regular wake jump on the tail of my board and cracked it right in the middle of the fins
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
o okay, i land on my tail alot to. i should watch out for that.

ive only met one person that doesnt like the watson, so you should be set, it holds an edge so well, and its supper easy to clear the wake with it, i rode the watson before i was ever clearing the wake, and got about double the pop i was getting and that was only jumping half the wake
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Watson FTW.