Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
<vent>I swear some people are the biggest meat heads at the dock.. theres a line of about 13 boats to get in and out of the water.. theres 4 areas to launch and pick up from and the guy in the front (mb) is yelling at everyone that he wants to wait for a certain dock to launch from thus tying up everyone else untill this guy waits for a certain dock spot... </vent>
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
haha Isaac, you should know better than to be at Anderson on the weekend...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-10-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Isaac: Its great that you keep us all up to date on the daly on goings at Lake Anderson.
I always look at your threads to check in and see whats going on @ Lake Anderson.
How many times a week/month do you make it out there?
On a serious note Im sure what you experianced is no better or worse than any other popular launch ramp on a sunny hot weather weekned.

It would be cool to have a launch ramp web cam with sound of all the popular launch ramps in the aera. Orwood @ Disco bay would be a good one.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Grant, think of me as the ambassador of Lake Anderson lol.. Ill make sure to keep you up to date now that I know you take a key interest in my posts

We usually get out there 2-3 days a week just because its so close.. the cool part about anderson is that you can get a 8 or 830 am reservation and its always glassy that early in the morning out there.. so we get out there.. do some boarding.. go chill behind the bridge at about 10 and hang out till about 11-12 and then leave as thats when the rest of the south bay shows up..

Travis, I know I know.. I thought I saw your parents boat out there last week, but it didnt have the tower on it? Also we are riding every wed pm after work if you ever wanna go out or meet up out there
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-10-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Now If I could only get you to take and post some pic's of all the excitment it would make your post's all that much better.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-10-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
next time ill get some shots for you Grant..

today wasnt nearly as bad as the time that a guy cut in front of about 15 boats, took out a tree with his boat, pulled his boat in front everyone and then got out to unstrap it and put the plug in..

I havent seen anything new with your boat lately? any new cool stuff to check out?

Thanks for the good laugh with your original post by the way
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-10-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
oh man that sucks. who was the meat sac at rivers end in the mastercraft at the delta that docked on the ramp and made his wife hold the boat while he got the truck and we all had to wait. STOP PARKING YOUR DAM BOATS IN THE LANE AT THE RAMP. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-11-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I was Anderson about 3 weeks agon on a Monday and the lake was packed. Yes Monday.

Same problem trying to take my boat out of the water and every one and their mothers on the docks waiting. A Catameran (sail boat thing) was in the center blocking both center lanes leaving only the two side lanes open for use.

I think if someone had a video camera and just hung out on the docks filming on a busy Saturday they would have enough footage to win Americans most funnies videos two times over.

I saw a lady drive her band new VLX toward the trailer and missed in completely and almost shore docked in onto the boat ramp.

Anderson Lake is getting way to packed for me.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Brannon, we were out 2 weeks ago and wed and the same thing happened with these other people.. they completely missed the trailer and drove it up on the ramp.. it was the worst noise you can hear.. I helped them push the boat back. but the sound of fiberglass hitting concrete is horrible!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
man some people need to practice there launching and retreiving on a non busy ramp untill they get it LOL that is what I did and when I was still a newbie I just used ropes and pulled it up. took about a minute longer but no damage untill I got the practice in.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-11-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Summer is here. It sounds like it was crazy everywhere. I was at one of the ramps at Berryessa and in ten minutes I witnessed: one guy back into the dock, another almost launch his vehicle then run over his spare fuel tanks on the ramp, and another one pull out of a slip and proceed to hit three slips while whipping his I/O around. Just another Summer Sunday afternoon.
Old     (thedangcorn)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2007, 2:54 PM Reply   
We should take pictures of the meatheads there including their offence, and make a wall of shame!

Lots of clowns there this time of year.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
that would be funny.. for some reason I think its just at Anderson hahahah... how hard can it be? back your boat down the driver in the boat circles around the 5mph area untill the driver of the truck comes down.. inch up to the dock, pick up your person and leave..vice versa for getting it on the boat.. why do people have to sit there with their boats on the dock?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-11-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
...because nobody else on the boat knows how to drive it. Wouldn't you rather them be idiots with a stationary boat than be idiots in a boat that they don't know how to operate? Think about THAT one next time you see a mom with kids holding their boat to the dock.

With as much time as you spend at Anderson, you should KNOW this stuff is gonna happen...yet when it happens your still surprised? Wakeboarding should be a vacation from your "9-5." Does it really matter to you if someone is doing something that's gonna hold you up for a few mins, especially if you're getting off the lake at noon on your own accord with no future commitments for the rest of the afternoon? Just stay at arm's distance and laugh at it.

Hopefully soon they'll put up bleachers on the side of the ramp near the water level so people can just kick back and watch the insanity over a 12 pack. I'll help carry the bleachers.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
Scott, if my wife can do it with both my kids in the boat anyone can.

Theres no exuse for not being curtious to other people that are out.. especially when its hot out, and you want to get yout boat out of the water and go..
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Isaac, I think I saw you on sat and on monday on memorial day weekend, you were heading out on monday when we were heading in.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
Ya, I was there both days!.. next time come say whatsup dawg.. how the FD?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
Yeah I was going to say hey, but you know how the marina is there, I was dodging the rest of the idiots. How'd you know I got the FD? It is awesome by the way, best car ever! It's a bit too fast for me though ;). It goes through first gear in a blink of an eye, and that is without a launch!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
you showed me pics of it on aim.. i heard the rotary's get really shatty gas milage.. my buddy at work just did the LS6 swap into his.. said its WAY more power and way better gas mileage as well.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-12-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
I think part of the problem is that you are getting off of the lake at noon, right when they are letting in everyone who didn't have reservations.

Get off the water at 11 when they only let in the small hand full of people that are actually coming through the gate.

I'm with scott on this one.
Not everyone is a professional boat driver like everyone here seems to think they are. You are at the only "good" lake in one of the most populated areas of the country and you expect to get on and off the water with no waiting. Not to mention that the lake only has one launch area so, of course it's goiong to be congested.

If you see someone having problems next time, sit back and enjoy the show. The lake is supposed to be a relaxing experience, but it seems to be a stressful event for most people when it shouldn't be.

my .02
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I guess I just never had a bad experience at any lake besides Anderson. Everytime we launch when we go to the delta, Pedro, clear lake we never see this. I remember for memorial day, we went to Don pedro and aside from just the line of so many people.. everyone launched really quick. There was a ranger at the top before you would go down tell you that you cant park your boat on the dock and that once the boat was launced they would have to circle around untill you were ready to be picked up. I thought that worked out great.

Kyle when are you getting out next time? lets hook up soon
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-12-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm pretty booked for the next few weeks, but should be getting out for the 4th at some point.

Scott and I actually saw you last Sunday at Anderson over at the Bridge. You didn't recognize me though, because I was on a Blue/Grey 07' VLX...we did wave at each other, but you didn't know it was me.
You were on your way out from behind the bridge, I was on my way in.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
I feel sorry for wives and people that have never backed the boat down the ramp and are expected to do it right the first time on a busy weekend. I would hate to be in their shoes. I know its not the first thing people think they need to practice (backing in or getting their boat out) I know it would make the launch ramp a happyer place if more people did.

Kyle and Scott kinda hit on somthing. This tim of year the lake is filled with Wally's dont be suprised if you run into a few. And dont get worked up trying to yell at them to set them straight because if you yell at one you might as well yell at the rest of them and then your whole day is gonna be filled with yelling at people. I know its hard to turn a blind eye on pure stupidity. I have had several lanch ramp yelling matches and none of them turned out positive so just could it up as traffic or waiting in line. BS that everyone has to deal with
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I agree that the they nailed it with timing. especially around noon. I think that the park rangers can get involved as well though. especially knowing that this happens every weekend. Kinda like traffic control. Theres no reason why someone has to wait for a specific launcher when there are 2 others available though. I also think that if you can drive a car, you can circle the boat around the dock area untill the person that knows how to back the trailer down come back down.

Practice makes perfect..but from the looks of it, some people wont even try.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-13-2007, 1:07 AM Reply   

quote:

I also think that if you can drive a car, you can circle the boat around the dock area untill the person that knows how to back the trailer down come back down.

Cars are so incredibly different than boats...

I don't think you truely understand things, Isaac. People go to the lake to have fun. Many people, especially at Anderson, may only go out a few times per year because boating isn't as high a priority to them. Maybe their son plays soccer, or the daughter ballet. There could be a million other reasons. Basically, since they only go out a few times, Mom isn't gonna bother learning this new boat thing because it's intimidating and takes quite a bit of time to learn how to do right. Mom just wants to have fun. So Dad does all the driving- trailering, launching, and boating. Mom tends to the kids, and nobody in the group knows much about what "common courtesy" is when at the launch ramp. They're doing it the only way they know how.

Anderson as a whole SUCKS. You should know this by now. It is the biggest and closest lake to a very heavily populated area with a LOT of money to spend at any one of a dozen different boat dealerships. So all these people flock to the nearest lake to go boating because most of them don't wanna drive for 2-3 hours to go to a nicer lake. That extra drive involves a lot of work and energy, and all they wanna do is have fun. So either learn to deal with it or start boating somewhere else.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-13-2007, 2:39 AM Reply   
We have the same problem at our lake here. Scott has a good point. People go to have fun and most of them just don't know and don't do anything intentionally. We have a guy at the launch that collects launch fees and directs traffic that told me if you get mad here, you stay mad because if it's not one person doing something, it's another. That's why the winter time rules.
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
I am with Scott, too. I am not new to boating, but I have a new boat. Until I make enough trips out to be comfortable in that new boat, I am going to take extra time. I am not excusing logic (let people go ahead, don't block the ramp, if need be tie up on the opposite side of the ramp at the dock, etc) BUT..keep in mind that new boat owner, new boat driver, etc FEELS everyones eyes on them. I'm sure they are trying their darnedest to get the hell out of the water, load it, and get on their way with their shiny, new boat in one piece. So if you see me, cut me some slack damnit! :-)

Be glad I am not the loud obnoxious drunk pit bull tattooed tough guy. (that would be my brother) lol

PS, my wife launches and we taught her back in the day with the jetskis. Practice!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-13-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
scott, thats all fine and dandy and understood, but what about the guy thats there without the wife and kids and is there with his beer drinking friends and their just yappin at the dock?

Its easy to create a geat little scenario that sounds great in your favor. But thats not the only situation on the dock.. the bottom line is that theres always a great reason and exuse for everything, and theres also obnoxious pricks that are oncosiderate to others and just dont give a Sh%^
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-13-2007, 11:48 PM Reply   
Well, Isaac, if you wanna steer clear of all the inconsiderate idiots then why don't you just stay home and watch TV? And while you're at it you might as well stop eating, because the second you go to the grocery store to get some chips you KNOW there's gonna be some guy with a shopping cart full of groceries in the 10 items or less line, and then there'll be mom at the front of the line holding everyone up so her son can try and find some random item that she simply cannot live without. Bottom line is that idiots are everywhere...deal with it.

Boating is supposed to be a lot of fun- and it is. Since you know that you like boating, but dislike the clientele at Anderson, why not go elsewhere? I mean, you're putting yourself into a situation where you'll have to battle with these people. Why not drive a little bit longer and go to one of the larger, nicer lakes that has multiple launch ramps?

And as far as my scenario is concerned- that was your main beef when I replied, so I threw a situation out there that, in my experiences, holds true. As far as the idiots and jerks are concerned, that's not anything that's gonna change any time soon. My best advice to you at this point would be to just chill and not let it get to you.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-14-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
blame it all on me.

I'm the one that put's the idiots on the water at Anderson.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Ill blame it on Kyle.. He can be the scapegoat.

Scott, I dont think I have ever been to the grocery store and had a guy with a cart full of items in the express lane....

"And as far as my scenario is concerned- that was your main beef when I replied"

Can you show me where I was upset with the scenario of a mom and kid that cant drive the boat holding up the dock? and this was my main beef?
Old     (meikster2810)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Isacc you need to boat elsewhere,as things will not get better there.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Scott has a point
i used to barefoot in Lexington
i used to barefoot in Calero
i used to barefoot in Anderson

now i go "elsewhere"
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-14-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
Isaac- your beef was with people standing at the dock and holding their boat there. I threw out a possibility as to why this might be occuring. More often than not it's a woman/mom holding the boat w/ kids nearby so that dad can launch the boat and park the truck. The woman might not be comfortable operating the boat in such close quarters so she just holds it there until the guy can come down and drive it. Not sure if you've tried this, but I've straight up asked people if they could move their boat (inside lane of Anderson launch ramp last time out...) and they said they didn't know how to drive it. I told them to float it out of the way, and they cautiously obliged. So in this instance it isn't a mom not knowing how to drive, but it's still someone not knowing how to drive. And like I said, I'd much rather them hold the boat to the dock than to pop it into gear only to realize that no, boats DON'T have brakes.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-14-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
OHHH - I found my pet peeve post! my $.02

Leaving your boat with your wife/kids while you get fetch your truck and sit in line is rude to others. It doesn't take a seasoned/professional boater to realize that if your boat is sitting in a launch lane while others are waiting to enter, then your in the way and being in-considerate to your fellow boaters!!!

-If nobody else can drive your boat, you have a safety issue, and/or your a control freak!

-Take your wife or G.F to a high school parking lot for 30 minutes and let her back it up - turn it, etc, you'll both appreciate it, as will I!

-Last I checked, women drive cars/trucks all the time, so why is it that when you attach a trailer, it becomes the starship enterprise that can only be driven to the ramp by Obe Won boat owner?
-Oh...And the Rangers at Anderson...Feel free to get out of the truck every once in awhile and do your job, you know - promote safety and boating education by helping those who can't seem to figure anything out or have simply never been told.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Scott, I guess we just see things differenlty.. I believe if that you own a boat and you are on the water, You and your boating crew, whether it be family or friends know how to operate a boat or are able to back up a trailer.

Think of it like parallel parking.. if you are not able to parallel park, do you sit in the middle of the street blocking traffic untill your spouse or friend comes and parks the car do you?
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
I blame KDubz, I'm one of his disciples.

:-)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-14-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
Isaac- please understand that what I'm doing in this thread is speaking realistically, not idealistically. I'd love it just as much as anyone else if people knew how to back boats down the launch ramp straight, or paid attention to when the line was moving forward, or had multiple people on board who could safely operate the boat. I'm all about that kind of stuff...and as a boat whore (and K-dub's sidekick on a great many Anderson trips) I do my best to make sure that whatever boat I'm on avoids contributing to the warzone taking place at the launch ramp. I do my part, and so does Isaac and a great many others. The problem is with the hoards of weekend warriors who, as I've stated earlier, are out for the sake of FUN. They aren't there to learn how to back up a boat, or to learn anything. They think that since they have one person who can do all the driving that they're all good. This, folks, is the ugly reality of Lake Anderson. Now you can wish and hope and bitch and moan about Anderson, but it isn't gonna change ANYTHING...especially not when you're bitching about it on a message board full of people who already do their part to avoid clogging the launch facilities.

You're preaching to the choir here, and you're being too idealistic. Get your head back into reality and learn to either deal with it or go elsewhere.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       06-14-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Just a comment fellas, no harm intended: does it not make sense that two people who can drive the boat are on board? What if the driver gets hurt/Heart attack/etc? I understand the family concept, that is a given. Maybe teaching instead of getting mad will help us all i the long run.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-14-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
My boat ALWAYS has atleast 2 people that can drive a boat, usually alot more. Boating safety needs to be mandatory in this country and especially California. I honestly believe in and would fully support a licensing program.
There is an "art" to driving inboard boats, especially in and around docks and other boats. I don't think most people are aware of this, even some that own inboard boats
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2007, 11:10 PM Reply   
"You're preaching to the choir here, and you're being too idealistic. Get your head back into reality and learn to either deal with it or go elsewhere"

You make it sound like im getting out of my car and bashing in peoples windows or starting fights at the dock.. Ill take my boat where I please and Ill vent on a boating message board when I want. thats what people do.. people vent about a launch ramp incident, people vent about how crappy their boats are, people vent about how crappy their boat purchasing experiences are, people vent about bad water, people vent about their wakeboards... The answer isnt just deal with it or go somewhere else or deal with it or buy something new...

I think the answer is to let people know that there is right boat etiquette and teach them the right way, whether that be through a class, word of mouth through other boaters or just taking the time to tell people that are just sitting and having a social hour on the docks.. that way your home lake can be a nice play to go to.

I think that the parks and rec should hold a boating class to talk about these issues and hold clinics or classes that people can take to learn the common senses of boating..

The answer isnt just "go somewhere else"