Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-13-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
How many people watch Fuel TV? I think its the best thing for action sports, but they don't show enough wakeboarding. I was trying to get people to go to fuel.tv and suggest that they show more wakeboarding. If enought people do it, maybe they will start showing more. I like skating and surfing, but I would like to see some wakeboarding also.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-13-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
sorry, i ment Fuel Tv.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-13-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
When I'm watching t.v. all I can say is "what's wakeboarding?" The odd time it's on I'm picking up my jaw after doing the whole "WOW!", There used to be a Canadian wakeboarding show on the outdoor life network known as "The world of wakeboarding" I should contact the net work and see if I can obtain copies of their shows.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
I watch it a lot ,theres not enough wakeboarding but at least its something..

also OLN has some on there as well..i got the wishlist on my Tivo built to search the system for any wakeboarding so i get some nice surprises here and there..
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
I agree they do not show enough wakeboarding. They show way to much surfing.
Old     (dozzzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-15-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
Jeffrey, world of wakeboarding is on the extreme channel everyday at 6:30 pm, but the episodes are old. They don't produce the show anymore.
The best wakeboarding on tv is from Exposed or when Fuel shows clips from the films.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-15-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
I watch Fuel religiously. But those tools need to call the tricks right when they are announcing. That guy on 54321 is horrible. But all in all that chanel rocks!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-15-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
Yeah, I miss "The world of wakeboarding"! We did tape a couple shows at one point, but I wish I'd taped all of them. Although they were pretty Eastern Canada focused. One show they did out west in BC was full of errors - they called the Coastal mountain range the Rockies! There was also another big blunder in their Whistler segment, but I don't remember what it was.

We used to have Extreme, but I wasn't finding a whole lot of wakeboarding on it (seemed to be always mountain biking), so I got rid of it. Maybe I'll have to get it back!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-15-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Nothing as cheesy and laughable as "THE WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE"
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yeah I like Fuel too, but man there's only so much surfing and skateboarding I can take. I will write them a comment and beg for more wakeboarding, the biggest problem is that they only play it at odd ass hours, there should be a daily wakeboarding episode, like they have that Captain and Casey show for skateboarding (what a horrible show by the way). Ok i am leaving to go b*tch at them
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
I like captain and casey because of the skateboard riding. I do enjoy skating and bmx more then surfing. But it would still be nice to have some wakeboarding.

Shane, that guy on 54321 is retarded. He was calling every raley a batwing and he was misnaming a lot of other tricks.