Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       02-12-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
hi
I live in canada and i canonly wakeboard for about 4-5 months out of the year max so i am interestied in getting an indo board to help me practice balance and coordination and all that in my off season. there are to boards that i am interested in getting.
indo board original
and mini pro which is desinged for wakeboarders
I was wondering how many wakeboarders use the minipro and/or the original and why
thanks
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-12-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
Save yourself some money and make your own. Take an old skate deck and buy a 3 inch piece of PVC pipe at Home Depot.

Old    sliderfreak            02-12-2005, 5:40 PM Reply   
wakeboard editon brosive. pumps ur legs like the wake does.
later
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       02-12-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
is that an indo board i cant find it anywere
its not on the indo board website
im looking at the minipro becouse it is made especially for wakeboarders
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
Aaron guy-

I found a couple of sites thats all i could find tho!
http://www.indoboard.com/products.html#mini

http://www.indoboard.com/wakeboard.html

http://www.getboards.com/land/balanceboards/indo/indoboard_large.html

Hope they work!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-15-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Aaron, My 220lb frame would crush that thing.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
I bought mine off E-Bay. I paid $45 + shipping for a new factory second. It has some paint blemishes. I used it to rehab my broken ankle.
Board More/Work Less
J$

(Message edited by surfnfury65 on February 15, 2005)
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-16-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Check out Vew-Do boards too... I think the site is www.vew-do.com .....
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-16-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
Im 250 and I just got an indo for $100. I like it, wife likes it, kid likes it.
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-16-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I bought my indo last year and, already, several of my buddies have picked one up for themselves. Sure it's a great training tool to build your quads, balance, etc.; however, my favorite part about owning the indo is the pure comic relief that I get from seeing people take their first ride. Sure, maybe it's juvenile to get kicks from seeing people fall flat, but I still think it's hilarious nonetheless. A must buy!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-16-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
I had it for about 30 mins w/ the video playing showing the prows doing kickflip body varials and such. My little girl goes 'WOW, can you do that'. Now my brain says NO!!!!, but my 'Must be a hero to the kid' instinct overtook it and says 'Sure'. So I just do a small hop off of the board, and when I land it shoots into the wall dumping me on my arse!!

comic relief indeed.
Old    trickskisrock            02-17-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
Aaron, grab the original indo board. I had ridden my friend's indo board a lot and decided I would step up and by the pro model. It uses a much larger roller that is harder to get going and felt much slower when moving from side to side. I returned it and got the original instead and am really happy with it. Much easier to control and you'll progress a lot faster on it than the mini-pro board.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-17-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
wait do things really help that much??
seriously
adam
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
Ill tell you later this year when we start riding again.

But it has already helped me with my ballance. Lots of the local big kahunas have been using them for years in the off season.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-18-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Yes WakeEvtreme, if you do get on the Indoboard for just a few minutes around 4-5 times a week, it will help you with your balance which in turn helps you with boardsports of all kinds.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-18-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I've been using a Vew-doo balance board for two years now. It's really helped with my balance but more importantly, it's helped get those small supporting muscles in shape. I have seen a major decrease in my injuries since I started using it.

I met the owner of Indo Boards when he was trying to meet with buyers at sports retailers in NYC. He's definately a weird dude. Granted you can do more surf style tricks on an Indo board, I wasn't really that impressed. I like the skateboard style vew-doo better.
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       02-18-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
so should i get a indo board original or minipro
if the minipro uses the same muscles as the original then i want the original becouse it is easier to learn on but if the minipro uses the muscles u use for wakeboarding then i want the minipro. thanks for your help guys