Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
So i recently just destroyed my ankle on the tramp doing some flips. This was over a month ago. Went out ridding the other day and my ankle would hurt really bad because of how it was able to move around in the boot. What bindings do you know of that have really really good low ankle and high ankle support? Maybe something kinda stiff to. I like a high boot.
Old     (agentmichaelscorn)      Join Date: May 2008       05-15-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
CWB Zeus is one of the more supportive boots, I think it's pretty comfortable too. They also are great with support if anything should ever happen to the binding
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Have you looked at the CWB binding line? Great ankle support. .02
Old     (175xt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
X3 on CWB, I tried a couple and ended up with the Torq. I have bad ankles and that model just fit me best.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-15-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I will 4th on cwb. I have bad ankles, and the zeus' are great. lots of support. however, I would not ride with a fresh ankle injury. not worth it, and no amount of support in bindings will help alleviate the pain.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-15-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Ronix Cell. Super stiff and great ankle support.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
cwb zeus's have crazy high wrap with great support. Some even argue theyre too supportive but i love them I x5 them.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Yeah i have CWB in the shop i work for and have tried them on. The Zues is one of the boots im looking at.
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-15-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
i noticed the one goes a good bit up my leg and i never even noticed my ankle moving around so thats something to look at :-)
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Anyone else had a really bad ankle injury? How long were you out for? Its been about a month for me. Still some swelling.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-15-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
I broke my ankle learning HS Fronts, it was a 6 week standard broken bone thing. If you have messed up the ligaments it can be a lot worse. My buddy had a couple surgeries and kept coming back too soon and jacking it up again. Do a lot of PT on it and get it strong before you screw with it, it is not worth it!!
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
C-Dub Zeus' for sure!!!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-15-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
i broke both my ankles racing motocross i was out for 6 weeks with one of them but the other healed up pretty quickly and i never have problems in these binders :-)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-15-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
slingshot with the brace is pretty good
Old     (bwloomis)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
I jacked up my ankle pretty bad on a trampoline a few years back. Couldn't put any weight on it for almost two weeks. Made my leg swell up almost to the knee. Had it x-rayed when it happened and they said it wasn't broken. Never had an MRI done but I'm pretty sure I tore some stuff up in there. I started physical therapy after I could start putting weight on it. Spent at least a month doing that. I didn't wakeboard at the time, but it took about 3 months before I could even jog with out limping. That was almost 6 years ago that it happened. Was noticeably weaker (rolled it several time playing basketball) for the next couple of years. Since then though I've had no problems with it. So my advice to you is to just give it time and continue to do physical therapy. If it's still hurting you I would lay off the wakeboarding until it feels better, as much as that sucks.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yeah thats what I have right now the D2 with a nice brace
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-15-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
I messed up my ankles pretty good last yeah. Spent 3 weeks with them in the air then went back to wakeboarding. They hurt for a good two months. But when I'd ride (which was everyday) I'd crank down my new cells and they would feel great, complete support and no pain. So I suggest the cells.
But ankles are a tricky and unique thing, demo a few if you can.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
Ok cool well i will check out those Cells. I just got a pair of LTD Ricky G's in today so i will try them out this weekend Im sure that boot with a nice brace should do the trick.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-15-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Slingshot PB Floyds with the ankle supports in!! Those binders are money, I just got my new ones in yesterday and can't wait to get on the water with them again!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Another vote for slingshot bots
The D2 is the stiffer of the boots and the PB Floid is the "softer one"

Both have the removable internal ankle harness which no other company has in their boots

you can check out some video descriptions on thier site or just go to youtube and look up slingshot sports
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Slingshot D2!!!

your ankle will be LOCKED down
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-15-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
ronix cells dont let your ankle move whatsoever, ultra comfy and completely holds your foot/ankle. I love them
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
I hated the cells...they were tight in all the wrong places...

my SS drivers are way way WAY more supportive
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-15-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
jruss you afraid of the zeus? dont waste your riding time. get bizzy with the zeus. you will thank yourself later.
Old     (wakerider_dlt)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-15-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
LF Transit have really good ankle support