Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-30-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
I'm just in the process of putting a head unit and speakers in my new boat. I see there is a cluster of wires under the dash where the stereo goes, but I can't seem to properly identify the wires. I am pretty sure I have all the speaker wires figured out, they are couple with striped wires, but I can't figure out what color the constant power is, nor what color the acc power is. I am thinking they are the red and blue wires but I can't seem to make a go of it. Does anyone know offhand what color wires are for what purpose?

Also, the boat has three places to put speakers (that I have found so far) two are in the back in the alcoves where the cup holders are, and one is right by the drivers right knee. I can't however figure out where the fourth speaker (left front) is intended to go (if it even has one). Any ideas on that? I notice many of the '05s have that speaker just under the passenger seat, however the way the seat is on the '06, I can't access it.

If there is no intended position, what do you think about this placement?

Upload

Are there any considerations with sound in the walkway? I may be a little concerned about it getting bumped with traffic but the piece from the passenger backrest sticks out on that side about an inch , which would provide some protection.

Finally, does anyone know how to screw up enough courage to saw a hole in your brand new boat?

Thanks!

Old    mendo247            03-30-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
beer always helps me get the courage to break out the drill on mine or someone elses boat..
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
I would be really supprised if a power wire was blue.

Normally your Red is your switched power and your yellow would be your constant.

I have had head units where the blue was a remote lead, mute and power antenna. I think that the red/yellow is fairly standard though...
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Sanger pre-wired for your speakers? You might want to call them and as where the front left speaker wires are run. I am just about ready to put my 05 215 under the knife for its system and am considering putting my speakers in the alcoves as compared to the traditional seat risers above the floor. The area for a speaker under the passenger seat in my boat is not easily accessible, I would have to take the seats apart to get to it.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Im not positive but i think the blue is swiched. The left front wires run up the outer edge of the fiberglass rail headed twords the spotter seat.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-30-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
On my 03 sanger the red was switched and yellow was constant.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-30-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
call Kal Kustom!! Scott P was able to help me when I installed my radio. They will be able to tell you where the speaker goes. The new interior is bad @ss
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-31-2006, 6:48 AM Reply   
Duncan, I hope this helps.

There are four speaker locations setup in the V210. One next to the driver's right knee (push on the upholstery and you'll feel the precut hole cut into the composite panel), two speakers in the back (wiring is there as well), and the third is under where the passenger would sit (you should have the empty grill cover there to help find it). That's four. As for the wiring under the dash, you should invest in a cheap test light. Find constant power (+), accessory power (turns hot when the key is to the left), Black for (-), and blue for remote turn-on (used to turn on amps and/or powered antenna).

Bert.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-31-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Sangers factory installed speakers in the rear go in the seat base facing towar the front of the boat one on either side of the cockpit light. The left front speaker goes in the seat base facking toward the driver and the right is usually in the upholstry facing the passenger just abouve the drivers cupholder. From that point you can use your best judgment on where you want them.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-31-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Bert, Gary, thanks for your input. I bought a tester and will try it this weekend.

On the speaker placement, they have actually made some changes on the '06 I think. The rear speakers are no longer under the seat at the back facing the tower. They have been moved to the alcoves where the cup holders are on either side of the bench seats at the back. Here is a picture, there are cutouts behind the fabric and wires already there.

Upload

As I indicated above, the seat base on the passenger front doesnt seem to be an option. There is no empty grill cover on the '06 boats and I can't see where the left front wires go, although I havnt really tried again since I posted.

Thanks again everyone.

Duncan
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-31-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
I tested the wires and found a red wire to be the constant power and a purple wire with a red stripe to be the acc power.

any thoughts on my proposed speaker placement?

thanks!

Duncan
Old    bocephus            03-31-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Take a picture of the passenger seat and bottom area for us.

I tried to email you dude, but your email is full!

(Message edited by bocephus on March 31, 2006)