Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-26-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
do any of you guys use these? what are you impression or experiences?http://www.samsonsports.com/speakers.html
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-26-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
UploadUpload
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-26-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
Josh- I have a pair of Samson Double up speakers. There not listed on his site but look like this. They're excellent quality ! They swivel in any direction and drop right out of the mount with a pull of the pin. I originally got them with the Infinity speakers and while they sounded really good they didnt have enough volume for me. I have since added Cadence speakers to them which handle 200w RMS and feed each pod with 800w. They are the loudest and cleanest car audio based setup I've come across.
Upload

(Message edited by iagainsti on March 26, 2006)
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-26-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
looks good, how hard was it to fit the new speakers....to these cans??? aren't they just a little larger than normal? w/ your setup, can you hear them while riding?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-26-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
It took a little work to fit the new tweeters in but the woofers were just drop in. Yes you can hear them well behind the boat, not NVS well, but pretty good for a car audio setup. The nice thing is the speakers have 3 inch voice coils so they handle alot of power but it does take a big amp to make them scream. Im running a Soundstream VGA 1600 2ch @ 2ohms 800w to each pod.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-26-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
I've been on boats using these things a number of times, and unless the quick release is a HUGE deal to you, I would not recommend them. Since they are designed to release quickly, the mounting system is not as solid = they rattle. Not too big of a deal, but they are just not as stable.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-26-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have never heard them rattling and would highly reccomemend them, they are very solid and easy to use...
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-27-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
I agree my mounts dont rattle one bit
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-27-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
My friend has a pair of them on his boat. I think they are great. I have never heard them rattle. He has had no problems with his.