Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (supralaunch21v)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-22-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Should I think about adding something to the inside of my ballast bags during the off season or perhaps just as a routine flush/clean? Hopefully, something biodegradeable. I know I should probably pull the bags during the winter and let them completely air out but that brilliant idea will have to probably wait until next year. Any thoughts...?
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-23-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
I added some waterbed solution from WalMart when I stored mine for winter. Supposed to keep mildew from growing.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-23-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
I have the same problem. I thought about using a weak bleach solution (1:10) and letting is sit for a few minutes inside the bag and then letting it air dry. I need to find a good way to hang the bags up too...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-23-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Rich has a good idea.

Diluting bleach might be okay. I wonder if it could dryout the material and cause cracking or failure in the long term.

Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-23-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hadn't thought about bleach drying out the bags- good point.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-24-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
i just pull them in the winter and let them air out in the garage. never had a problem
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
I've always done the same as Diggs. Pull them and hang them in the Garage for the winter. No problems at all.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Use Mouthwash, won't harm the bags, leaves a minty fresh feeling
Old    wiz            03-24-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
just leave 'em in there with a couple of inches of water in the bilge too. grunge is cool.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Hey, Chuck! Have you been out yet? I got my boat running that Sunday when it was 81 degrees (no boarding though), and I've been sweating the cold nights ever since.

Grunge? Are talking about MY boat, dude? I'm still using the ballast bags I bought in 2001. I pump 'em and then leave 'em in the boat for the winter. No cleaning, no chemicals, no problems.
Old    wiz            03-25-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
jeff! no, i have not been out yet. i need the lake to come up to get the boat off the lift. i heard a rumor that twra isnt going to raise it until mid may. i hope it's only a rumor! we'll have to hook up when it gets warm. btw,what's with this weather?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-25-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Hey fellas!

My dad, who is an inspector for TVA, is almost positive that the lake levels are going up the first of April. He said that the lake levels should be listed on TVA.com but I can't find it anywhere. Holla at me!

And it snowed on me this morning going down the interstate. :-( 70's a week from now, is what I hear.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Don't sweat the lake levels, Chuck. I'll pull ya around as soon as it warms up enough. I'll give you and Cody a shout when I'm ready to go out. Maybe mid-morning next Saturday?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-25-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I'm supposed to go to Collegiate Slider Slam but we're only aloud to ride three riders and I was just going to go for the fun. I'd definately stay to ride, so that sounds like alot of fun, and I appreciate the offer. Just get me on the cell, it's 865 680 2639 incase ya don't have it anymore. I've still got yours, Matt's and Chuck's #'s.
Old    wiz            03-26-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
that sounds good, just give me a call!