Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (corey1177)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-15-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
I was looking into buying some closed toe bindings. Specifically the new 2012 Shredtowns or KTVs. I was wondering how do I size myself? Do I take my shoe size because I know when I snowboard I buy a little small because the boots will pack out. I'm a size 10 US, So should I be buying 10s, 9s, or 11s?

Also in the next few months or so I may need a new board. I ride cable down here in FL and was looking at the CTRL Blueprint. I weigh 150 so should I be going for a 134 or 137?
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-15-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
go with your shoe size
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-15-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Try them on first. If you do not have the ability to, which i fdoubt since u live in florida, then go size urself on a few different brands of binding companies...then come back on here and post ur brand sizes and hopefukly someone who has the bindings you want will also have knowledge of the bindings you want.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-15-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
as said, Demo first if at all possible, other than that id go shoe size too. last year slingshot boots ran a little big, but no telling what the general consensus is for 2012 yet.
i am weird with my boots. I wear neo socks to take up space in the boot and add a little coosh.

as for the board. I would shoot for 137 for sure
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-16-2011, 4:43 AM Reply   
If I were to guess, I'd go with my shoe size... if it's a half size like mine is, round down, 9.5 = size 9. They were big last year, my feet fit into an size 8. I would always go with a little bigger board, they're faster, land softer and smoother, and they pop higher. I would consider a size 138 to 142 for your size.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       11-16-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
I tried on the shred towns yesterday in a size 10, and i have a size 9 foot. I had some room in them, so I would say they are pretty accurate size wise. You will for sure want to go with a 137 board!