Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
If you were able to get a ProStar 205V with Tower and ballast but not the X-Star graphics...but the Prostar was cheaper than the X-Star, would that make sense? Isn't the 2000 Prostar 205V the same exact boat as the 2000 X-Star?
What does the 2000 X-Star give you for the extra money?
Old    doubleup1080            05-05-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Both the 205V and Old X-Star (X2) use the same hull. Perfect Pass and Upgraded Stereo are the other differences. I think the price difference would be the deciding factor.
Old    jetpilot313            05-05-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
the prosyars dont usually come with ballast and a tower so you get that standard with the x star and i think you kind of buying the name too because would rather there boat say xstar instead of prostar
Old    wilson            05-05-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
Depending on the price difference, they are the same boat. You might want to think resale value. I bought my 2000 Xstar 2 years ago and can get the same if not more for it.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
it is better to buy an X-Star because you can easily sell it later.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-05-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
I had both the 2000 X-Star and a 2000 205V. Well I owned the X and my dad owned the 205V. Yes the boats share the same hull and have the same wake potential. However, many other factors determine the final decision. You didn't include the price difference. Thats huge! Anyway as stated the resale is hands down better with the X-Star. When my Dad and I put our boats up for sale my X-Star sold within weeks. With 600+ hrs compared with my fathers with 60+ hrs. They both held there value well but considering the hrs on my X it topped the 205V. You must take into account the engines too. Many 205V have the base 310 hp engine. Many X-Stars 2000 came equipped with the 330 hp ltr. The LTR is much smoother but the 310 performs very well low end. Other options are easily added. Bottom line, you would not be taking the major loss as the original owner did so go with a loaded up 2000 X-Star. good luck and keep us posted. And whats the price difference????????????????????????? I bet not much more than a few + grand.
Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback. It seems, so far, that the 2 major differences are the pricing (including resale value) and engine. But then CDM made it sound like either engine performs fine for riding (I assume that meant with a loaded boat).
As for price, the 2000 205V that I am looking at is about 28K with the 330 HP LTR engine, factory tower, board racks, front and rear ballast, upgraded stereo (subwoof, amp, tower speakers), wakeboard pro perfect pass, heat, 220 hours, and single axle trailer.
As for X-Stars, I can't seem to find a 2000 for under 30,000....even 31K with all those features (heat, perfect pass). So though the resale price may be higher, I'd be saving 3K on the purchase. Of course, it seems that an X-Star sells a lot faster, and there's something to be said about being able to sell a boat when you want to (I'm trying to sell my 88 Prostar now).
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-06-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
I would buy the ProStar, if it's that big of deal, you could always buy the graphics. I'm sure your local dealer could hook you up. With those options I think it's a no brainer. I can't believe that there are so many people out there that won't buy a boat just because it says ProStar instead of X-Star. I had no idea it would actually change the resale values.