Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
has anybody ridden this board yet and if so how does it feel? i heard its the fastest thing from some people and also that it is super slow. whats up?
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-25-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
I rode the board at the end of the summer. I rode it right after I rode my parks. I liked the byerly better but you have to ride it more to get used to it. The board grips really well so if you like a loose board dont get it. Also ride it finless, it is the only way to ride it. I didnt notice much of a difference in the speed between my parks and the new byerly. The board is really different so if you can you should demo the board before you decide to buy it. The next board that I get will be the new byerly
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
thanx jonb
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
I got the board at the end of last year. I've had the last 3yr model byerlys. I like it alot, the only draw back i could find is I thought it had a slight delay off the wake. The only time I could really tell it was during a tantrum. Toward the very end of the season I started getting the hang of it, so I kind of like it. I mean I wouldn't get something else because of it.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
thats kind of what i figured with the wings under water.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-25-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
I would definetley try and demo it at least, I really hate to say that about the board because I really do like it alot, just thought I would tell u that in case.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
ya was gonna ride it last weekend but my boss was being a dik and wanted to charge me to take it.

i work at a shop where nobody has ridden it yet
Old    jetgofish            03-25-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
I had a chance to ride a 142 this past weekend which is a little bigger than I typically ride. I found the board to ride slow, but slow is good since I like to charge the wake! Great pop, but I'll take my CWB Flame of the Byerly!
Old    johnnyt            03-25-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
i ride the new byerly and love it it is definitly deferent though it grips well when on edge and releases decent when its flat. i love it check out my video on the discussion board. pro level riding justin butinsky is the name of it. i stuck my whole pass on it whith no worm up you may like it you may not. i love it.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-25-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
I rode it at OWC and it was pretty sweet...but no wake to really get a feel for how I would normally ride it. It was awesone, but 400+ is a lot of jack for a new board.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
I'll sell you mine for $225 + $25 for shipping. I can send pics if you want.
Old    sniper0730            03-25-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
I love my byerly. I just got it last week, and rode it sunday. SWEET!!! cuts nice, great pop. Could not be happier with it.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
Hey Jaeg,
This is Jimmy, the guy who was out with you and Fisher on the Delta this past weekend. I might take that Byerly off your hands, what size is it?
Why don't you email me backchannel at backsidethree@yahoo.com and we can talk more about it. Thanks!
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-25-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
If you like the old one, you'll like the new one. It seems a little too locked in for my taste, but definitely not slow. I noticed a little more pop, especially toe side.
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-19-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
I recently got the 04 byerly but cant ride since the water is only 40 degrees and i am a pansy. Anways, is anyone else worried about ripping their hands open on the ends of the board. Those hooks are sharp. I will probably grab everything indy now to avoid loosing flesh.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-19-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
hey the dan. sounds like your boss is a huge dik head. i think you need to quit. what kind of owner wants a bunch of people workin in their shop that cant tell a customer how the product works.
Old    wkbrdjesus            04-21-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
I love my 142, locks into cuts like no other GREAT BOARD!!!