Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
I am very close to buying a new x-30 and every dealer i have been to has told me that the 350 hp engine isn't worth the extra money because the stock 310 has the low torque power i need to wakeboard. Although the dealers have both boats they assure me the only thing i will get out of the 350 is more top end speed. Is this true?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
This probably won't help you out much, but if I were you, I would testdrive both, the 310 and 350, since they have them on hand, and form my own opinion.

If they won't let you test drive it and keep the promised boat show price, I would be wary on buying it from them. Like they are trying to make a quick sell. It's a lot of money to take on other people's opinions, especially salesmen who are POSSIBLY trying to get rid of it.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on February 11, 2003)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-11-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
True statement eljefensdabvhjnfjnbaiojfanvno!

Test drive them both! I can tell you right now that both will have great low end torque, but that the 350 will definately have more top end speed. Plus the new 350 MCX looks kick A$$!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Man, I really need to change my username!
Geesh, you guys are ruthless.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Jared

I read the 350 hp has 30 ftlbs more torque than the 310 HP, I'm looking for the spec sheet. Also the 350hp has multi port electronic fuel injection the 310 hp only has throttle body intake. I have the x-10 hull with a 340 hp LT1, it will pull away from any 310 hp from the start. The down side is it gets really bad gas milage, 1.9 MPG with 2050lbs of ballast. I don't know if the new 350hp would be as bad on gas, but it sure does look good.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-12-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
1.9 MPG? That's about 10 gallons per hour (based on 20 mph boarding speed). That would run my gas tank out in 3 1/2 hours if I got that bad!!
Old    dlb988            02-12-2003, 11:10 AM Reply   
That is why on big boats they have BIGGER gas tanks. My Malibu WS LSV holds 55 gallons of joy juice. I just hope oil is back down below $25 a barrel when the ice melts.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       02-12-2003, 3:44 PM Reply   
David

I have a 45 gal tank and will be close to empty at the end of a day. I used the miles traveled feature on the perfect pass a few times to get the MPG. A friend of mine has a 2000 x-star with a 330hp LTR, same ballast 2050lbs and gets more than double the fuel economy as my boat. His boat is a little smaller and lighter than mine but you wouldn't think it would be that much different. We have both been out the same time I'm empty at the end of the day he can run two days both boats have 45 gal tanks. My boat can pull away from him from the start and is a few MPH faster top speed, but that's a lot fuel $$$.

Anyway I would be real interested in the fuel consumption between the 310hp and the 350HP engines. I looked again on the Indmar web site they don't give torque specs for either engine.
Old    jpoppa            02-12-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
I have the 61 gallon tank in mine and we can usually run for two full days of riding on a tank. That's about 12 hours. This is with the 330 hp LTR in the X-30.
Old    jdr            02-12-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
Jared, the above points about driving both boats is very important. However, don't just go by yourself and drive the boat. If you are looking @ an X-30 it is a safe assumption you like the space and want to carry a lot of people. If you really want to see how both engines perform load the boat up on the test drive with the way you plan on using it, ballast, people ect. For what it's worth, we have an 01 X-30 with the 330 HP. It's JUST enough when you have the boat loaded up