Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            08-01-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Is this a completely new Enzo in a shorter length?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/352426.html?1154463759

If so, has anyone heard about the surf wake?

Upload
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-02-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Does not appear to have sideswipe. I'm sure its probably an option.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
We need some pics of the surf wake!
Old    surfdad            08-09-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'd agree...obviously whomever is posting those pictures and started that thread is a Centurion employee with acess to the boat, doesn't it seem odd to you that they would minimize the attention paid to wakesurfing? I wonder what's up with that? Have they posted any wakesurf pic's over on the boating forum yet?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Jeff-seems very odd to me also. Still no updates on his other post.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
This is the new 216 Enzo. It's their new crossover boat. It has a flat bottom for slolom wakes. Probably not a good surfer.Upload
Old    surfdad            08-22-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Jason is that you?! From Lake Washington? Good to see you posting. The family enjoyed meeting you and riding behind your boat.

I had a chance to see the 216 next to, I think it was, a 24 at Boardstock in the vendor area and the difference in the V-bottom to this 216 was significant. I'd guess you are right, it isn't going to be a stellar wakesurf boat.

Jason, how did you have your Enzo set for the port side surfing at Lake Washington? That was a sweet wake, nice transition and good height. Rode behind the 24 Enzo with the blade at the World's and that wake was steep and had a huge trough. Not my fav. They gave riders the option of setting the blade to a different setting, but what do I know?! Does it have a setting for "better"? :-)

Kidding aside, I'd be interesting in knowing how you set your 23 up.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-22-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
Doesn't have a setting for better, That's a good one:-)
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Yep, it's me! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. I was actually disapointed in the wake. We were testing the day befor and had a much better wake but we were in deeper water. The area we pulled the contest in was a little too shallow for the max potential.

That day I had a V-drive sac(flyhigh)and a side sac in the rear locker. The stock port tank full and another side sac in front of that.

Are you guys coming back next year?
Old    surfdad            08-23-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ed, I had to laugh out on the course they are asking me up or down for the 'blade - the only thing that came to mind was to say: Yes! Whichever direction will make the wake better. :-)

Jason, I thought the wake was very good. I have seen too many folks that feel that HEIGHT is everything. Give me a longer pocket and nice transtion over steep/short with a decided trough any day. What setting did you have on your 'blade?

Yep, we'll be back next year, in fact this was our second year at the contest. I'm talking with Tom now about joining us for a nationwide series and making his wakesurfing component a full day. Hope you'll be part of that, should it reach fruition.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
I had the blade all the way up at 7. I will certainly be a part of that tournament again. Hopefully I will have an 07 boat for next season. We had some talk of changing the format as well. Instead of a timed run, setting up a course and having 2 or 3 passes with 2 falls allowed per pass. What do others do?
Old    surfdad            08-24-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the blade setting info.

The single most used format is two passes (up and back) with two falls per pass (third fall being the end of your run and you are picked up and taken to the end of the course). I think a 1,000 to 1,200 foot course is a good length.

The most FUN format is an allocated time - without deducting for falling, just a flat amount of time to do whatever you want. Set up a 3,000 to 4,000 foot length course and riders get to do whatever they want in that length. It takes considerable time when you have less experienced riders that fall frequently, but for pure enjoyment of the riders and folks on the boat - this format can't be beat.

For our national tour, I'm working hard on standardizing the rules, format and course so would more than likely push for the first option.