Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
sooo where is there to ride out in the islands? anyone know?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-30-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
Oahu & Kauai are the only two islands to ride. There are a couple of people from Oahu who post on here. Do a search for Hawaii riding and you'll get a lot of info for both places. Kauai has a place on the Wailua River that has a towing service. They use Malibu's.

Aloha
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 11:26 PM Reply   
yeah im over on oahu near waikiki beach. But it would be hella cool to ride since im here. i mean i dont have my set up with me up i would be down to just get out on the water. you know anyone who rides out here?
Old    dabigkahuna            06-30-2007, 11:32 PM Reply   
when do you leave?
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
im not leaving till the 8th. so im here all week.
Old    dabigkahuna            07-01-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Maybe later this week I'll drop the boat, I'll see how my knee feels, I had surgery last week. I'll just be out there for beers cause I can't ride, but I'll have some friends that will ride
Old     (norcalboarder11)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
well sounds good. im totally down to ride as long as someone has a set up i can use and a vest. didnt plan on riding so i didnt any of my gear. im good for gas money and beer. so when you figure it out just let me know. here's my email norcalboarder11@yahoo.com. what kind of boat do you have?
Old    dabigkahuna            07-03-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Brando,

I'm not dropping my nautique 211 this week, my knee is too sore to deal with the whole boat launch thing. But, my friend is dropping his Malibu on Wednesday and I asked if you could join them, he said yes. Can you make it Wednesday? PM me if you can and if so include you foot, vest, and prefered board size.
Old     (krista)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-05-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
hey guys, i just moved here for about a month and would love to get out on the water. anyone looking for a 3rd pm me :-)
Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
Hey Alan, what's up man. I don't think I ever thanked you and Ryan properly for hooking up the sick pull that day out at Ke'ehi. I think I'm still a little fired up.
I'm still living out here but I started a new job almost immediately after that trip - sorry to say I've been chained to a desk ever since!
Sorry to hear about the knee - but I'm sure it's the right call and it will mean longer pulls after the recovery.
I still don't have a board to call my own here but would love to get out to the ski club again. PM me if you're heading out again anytime soon.
PS I've got a pretty solid shot of you rockin out the ONE with the pointless helmet - I'll try to send it to you.
I wish I had a boat to offer a pull to everyone else who's posted here, but I can say that the crew I went out with here in Oahu was one of the most welcoming, helpful, accommodating, and chill group I've ever been on the water with. Thanks again guys!
Old    dabigkahuna            07-05-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
Terrance,

No worries man, I enjoyed riding with you. I'll let you know when I drop the boat again, MAYBE next week, I'll see how I feel.

Aloha,

Alan
Old    dabigkahuna            07-05-2007, 11:55 PM Reply   
Krista,

If I drop the boat next week I'll PM you. Do you have gear? If not, what size board, boot, vest do you wear?

Aloha,

Alan
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-06-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Terry, I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Alan, so how bad was the injury once they went in and saw all the damage?

Krista, I replied to your post in the Find A Third section but it looks as if you've hooked up with some of the Oahu crew already. Aloha
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Ryan.... are you Reid's bro?

Tell him Joe from Mexico / Huntington Beach says Aloha...
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-06-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey my brother and I are going to be in Oahu from July 14-22 and would love to ride if anyone has any space. let me know if that could work. thanks a lot
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-06-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Yes, Ryan is Reid's brother. :-)
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-06-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Hey Gabe, I was looking at your picture on your profile and was wondering what board are you riding?? Do all those types of boards come with that option?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-06-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Joe, yes Reid is my older brother. I will pass along your greetings to him.
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-07-2007, 12:09 AM Reply   
haha that one is customized for me keith
Old     (krista)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 12:28 AM Reply   
alan,
i should have a board within a few days. might need a vest though.