Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-13-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
I have 1 tower speaker and 1 cabin blown in my 2008 X15. These are the stock JL's with seperate tweeters.Can't seem to find anyone who just sell one, they are always in pairs, so I guess I'll have a spare of each.

Can someone tell me if these will work for either of what I am looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JL-AUDIO-M77...87190282789913
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-13-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yes, but those have zero factory warranty with JL Audio and if you ever have to depend on the unauthorized re-seller for service it could be a road that leads to nowhere.
You can find a local authorized JL Audio dealer that will match or come very close to that price.
Before you plug in the replacements it would be a good idea to figure out how those speakers blew as they are not an easy speaker to blow. You don't want a repeat performance.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-13-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Btw, that is a 'T' version you referenced and they are not intended for the infinite baffle coaming of a boat. Wrong speaker. You want the 'C'.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-13-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
JL sell individual mids/woofers on their site, both versions. They also sell the tweeters, but in pairs. They aren't cheap, but cheaper than buying 2 pairs.
Old    mojo            03-13-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
I can tell you I had about 4 totally deteriorate within a year. Do not buy them again. Get some wet sounds. IMO, they jl boat speakers were loud, but not clear. I also don't understand the sizing. I'm a huge jl fan, but not that product.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
I had mine re-coned for $50 each. Still sounds good, but cone color is now black and will resist UV deterioration better.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-13-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
If you truly blew the speakers as opposed to them either rusting or shorting out you might need to tune your amp. Depending on your gain settings ect.. this could be the culprit if you play your speakers loud.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-14-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Karl, did some local shop do that for you?
Old     (Eppies07epic)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-14-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with David, there has to be a reason they blew. I have 14 JL 7.7's in my boat. I've been pounding on them for tree years and not 1 problem. I am running the bow and cockpit with two PDX-4.100's. The transom I'm running two-4.150's. Just saying I'm pushing these speakers to their limit and they havent failed yet.