Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
I need help with the wakeboard lingo. I need to know what ts and hs and w2w means. Please help me with all the words you know. HELP.
Old                05-15-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
ts= toe side which is coming into the wake w/ your back turned to the boat

hs= heelside wich is coming into the wake w/ your chest to the boat

w2w= wake to wake

i guess that is how you would put it for hs and ts

(Message edited by proskier on May 15, 2004)
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-20-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I need to now know wich kind of board gets more air for reference. Continues rocker or three stage, or something i dont know about. Can a non stretch ski line give me more air? Would deeper fins give me a better cut? When i get out as far as i can from the boat and i begin to cut in a just glide untill the rope catches up. Can you help me? It takes me so long for the rope to catch up to me that by the time it does im farther in then i would be with a short cut. Do you see what i mean? I need help. And thanks for all the previousl help you cool people have given me.
Old                05-20-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
i belive a 3 stage rocker gets more air than a continuous rocker b/c it was designed for a bigger wake. the bigger fins will help you keep your edge, but i think that the bigger fins allow for less pop than smaller ones b/c they take longer to release. a no stretch helps you when you are in air to keep control. and finally, when you cut all the way out, just coast strait for a minute to get your angle and then edge into the wake. but it kind of sounds like you are not using a tower, so coasting is very important to get a good angle and keep your edge all the way into the wake.
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-20-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
Your right. I dont have a tower. We have a bayliner. It's only twenty two feet so it can fit in our garage. We usually push the wake all the way up and get out the little rope to get wake but we dont have a tower. When i cut do i need to start out soft then get harder or start out hard and end just as hard? I NEED AIR. Please help and thanks for the current tips.
Old                05-20-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
once you get your angle, just try it both ways, i have seen people who have cut slower and gotten just as high as people who cut as hard as they could. but i would suggest to cut pretty hard.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-20-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
Cut as far out as you, when you begin to cut back towards the wake squat down. Hold your cut all the way across the wake (dont let up as you approach the lip) and when you get to the lip extend your legs or stand up, you dont necessarily need to jump of the wake. This should give you some decent pop. Hope it helps
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-24-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
I tried the squating thing and it helped me get in faster and tighten the rope quicker. But there is still wasted drifting time. How can i make that time into air?