Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    scooter892            07-13-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
This was kind of an weird situation in the first place, so not many people have to deal with it, but either way, listen up. Last weekend, we were up at the beach, and theres no docks or anything there, so we tie up the boat to a buoy overnight. But the last time, the place was packed for the fourth, so we had to share a buoy. First night we did this, it was a little rough, we came out in the morning, and the boat was under water. Something with the physics of it sunk the damn thing. So now we have no boat, but a lesson learned. I don't know if anyone else even ties up to a buoy anymore, but there you have it.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-13-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
That sucks,but how did it sink?
Old    scooter892            07-13-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
I dunno man. All I know is that we've had it tied up to that same thing hundred's of times, and the one time we tie up with another boat, it sinks. It was weird...
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-13-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
Did the buoy and both boats sink??
Old    bassboy8855            07-13-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Umm... that realy shouldent happen... we tie up to buoys all the time with one, two, three, one time even four boats, and it has never happend to us.

I would suggest calling your insurace company...
Old    nohalfboats            07-13-2003, 9:30 PM Reply   
were you close to the shore?If so,you always want the rear of the boat towards the shore when anchoring or else,well i'm pretty sure you might have found out the hard way.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-13-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
the best type of anchor for rough water is the one, where it splits into four, so you have four anchors in the ground (spaced in a big square shape) with lines off each that meet up in the middle, to a long line to the boat. For those that had to deal with some bad hurricanes, know what I'm going on about. There is something to do with the way just one anchor pulls on the boat in rough water that couses some bad situations. But it still shouldn't of really happened to you unless it was really rough.
Sucks bro, definetly a little call to your insurance company is in order.
Old    scooter892            07-14-2003, 12:07 AM Reply   
The call has been made to the insurance company. I think we might be getting jacked on it though. But thats all up to my dad to deal with. My part is picking out the new boat. Hah.

Will: the buoy and other boat stayed afloat. There was no water in the other boat, and it was smaller and rode lower in the water than ours.

Kristian: our anchor up there is a 55 gallon drum full of concrete. It didn't move at all...

I seriously don't know what happened to the thing. From what you guys are saying, it may have just been pure crappy luck and nothing to do with multiple boats.
Old    hlboatsnboards            07-14-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
someone forget the drain plug!?!?!? Or maybe it just took a bad wave or something, hard to tell.

Has the boat been pulled out yet? If so, any holes?

B
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-14-2003, 6:42 AM Reply   
based on your profile, a new boat may not be all that bad?
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Were you on the Columbia? I don't know of any bouys close to shore that you can tie up to was it one of the mooring bouys for the ships to tie up to down by frenchmans bar.
Old    scooter892            07-15-2003, 12:09 AM Reply   
Haha, drain plug was definitely in. The boat had been in the water for three days already. It's been pulled out already, no holes, no cracks, no nothin, its still water tight.
A new boat won't be all that bad, but I still loved the green one. It's what I learned to ride behind, and I had made plans with some friends to build a tower for it, buy 4 fat sacks, and put in a stereo. We were supposed to do all that this week.
We were actually up on Camano Island in the Puget Sound. We have a place thats on a semi-sheltered bay, so the water is only rough from 2 pm to 8 pm. It's a pretty sweet place to ride if you don't mind the salt and the jellyfish.

Oh, and by the way, if any of you know of a place around here that I could find a good boat for around 10k, or have a friend whos selling, or just want to take pity and sell me your new wakesetter for 10k, I'd love you forever...