Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    lachlantait            10-12-2003, 11:26 PM Reply   
Hay whats the go... how come you havent even put pictures up on your website of all the new boards.
down in aus our magazinge BOARDER in there last editiong printed about 2 months ago had all the board of all the company's, the only thing it didnt have was all the specs.
do you need special permission to post pics or havent you seen all the boards yet?....
Old    leggester            10-13-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Have you tried the board guide?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-13-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
Strangely enough, it's still a pretty painful process for us to get specs and images from all the board companies. We had nearly 100,000 unique visitors to WakeWorld in July, yet we can't give away the free publicity to some of these companies. They would rather spend thousands of dollars on an ad in a print mag that goes out to much fewer people than grab this opportunity for free. Even though I've been doing this for over five years, it still boggles my mind. They still act like I'm a pain in their ass when I ask for everything. Very weird.

Anyway, as you can see, there are several board companies (Hyperlite, Liquid Force, CWB, Kampus, CD, Wake Tech, Collin Wright, etc.) that have hooked us up with just about everything we need and have their 2004 gear updated in our equipment guides. We're currently working on several others and will hopefully have them up soon.

Most board companies usually release all their stuff to Australia before the US because of the different season in that part of the world. These same companies do not want those product specs released to US customers because their retailers still have shops full of 2003 product and they don't even have 2004 stuff to ship.

Another thing we like to do is provide our readers with photographs of the actual boards rather than drawings of the boards from a computer, which is mostly what you saw in Boarder mag. That way the colors are more accurate and you can usually get a better feel for the shape of the board. For example, Liquid Force just got done with the studio pics of their boards last week and we got them up right away.
Old    lachlantait            10-14-2003, 12:45 AM Reply   
cool thanx for the feedback dave, i just thought it was wierd that like you only had the few 04 wakeboards you had. the new 04 jobes look awersome for anyone who hasnt seen them.
stil wont out do my current jobe though ;)
cheers