Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bruh)      Join Date: Jan 2015       08-06-2015, 8:15 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has tried a slingshot or humanoid board. in general how would u say they compare in durability and their base on rails. obviously each model of boards are going to ride different than the other but each company's models are also going to ride similar to a certain degree. loving the looks of humanoid and slingshot and being made in the US is always a plus! thanks
Old     (rossco)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-07-2015, 12:45 AM Reply   
have not ridden a Humaanoid as we can't get them here in Aussie. love slingshot boards so fast and good pop behind the boat ,and hold up well at park to. Have had some Ronix boards and they seam to be as good durability wise.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-07-2015, 4:21 AM Reply   
Do a search... This question has been asked a ton of times on wakeworld
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-07-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
The humanoids are high quality boards. I have a 1up and have spent time around a bunch of their boards. They are definitely well made. The sidewalls are very durable and the bases hold up pretty well too.

They don't have the fastrack issues that Slingshot has since they have traditional mounting.

I would say that in terms of their shapes, they're pretty different.

What type of board are you looking for? A cable or boat board? Locked in with bottom features? Lots or little flex?
Old     (bruh)      Join Date: Jan 2015       08-07-2015, 7:01 AM Reply   
cable only
Old     (bruh)      Join Date: Jan 2015       08-07-2015, 7:01 AM Reply   
and lots of flex as well. for slingshot I would look into the Windsor and for humanoid most likely the huxtable
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-07-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
Look at the oracle and the reflex. That's where I would be looking. Both do fine and take a beating. Humanoids are. A good bit stiffer than slingshots.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-07-2015, 9:46 AM Reply   
>>and lots of flex as well.<< maybe check out the Terrain & the Plank then..... Personally I have seen more issues & repaired more SS boards then Humanoid...... jus' sayin'
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-07-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
I would look at the Plank for a very flexy park board. The Huxtable is pretty common too, but I like big wide cable boards. On slingshot I like the size of a 146 Recoil. The Oracle is on the stiffer side.