Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-18-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
Need some advice for a new board.
I am 185 and ride a premier 141 at the moment.
Looking something with the same track as the premier with good pop. The boat we use at the moment only produces a medium wake.
Thinking of ;
S4 142
B-side 141
Byerly Assault 55
possibly the Murray
Any advice will be great.

(Message edited by mint on April 18, 2009)
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-19-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
Personally id say the Byerly assault tones of pop same speed as the premier and just a fun board to ride!
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I would check your local board shops demo policy.
Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-20-2009, 1:49 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I read that the S4 has great pop and speed "premier on roids"?
Unfortunately i cant test first. i have to mail order. I live in the jungle in west papua, indonesia. no local board shop...
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-20-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Clinton, I switched from a Premier to a B-Side and absolutely love it, I'm doing way better than last year and the season hasn't hit full swing. Only thing I'd say is it has HUGE surface area, I'm around 205 and love it (more pop & softer landings), but since you're a little lighter it might be alot to push around. Gotta go finless if you get it also. I haven't ridden any of those other boards, I want to try the Byerly sometime, they're both shaped by Butch and have a somewhat similar shape.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Well for what its worth, many hyperlite pro's who previously rode the premier are now on the marek. Jimmy lariche, aaron rathy (before he went to byerly), josh palma, and jacob valdez to name a few. from what those and other local hyperlite riders have told me its very fast, easy to roll on edge and the pop is similar to being on a trampoline. i know im gonna have to try it for sure.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Not sure if you're considering anything other than Hyperlite, but I'm loving my CWB Absolute Platinum right now. Super poppy and fast.

I've also heard really good things about the Marek.
Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-21-2009, 1:12 AM Reply   
Marek would be an interesting option for sure.
B-side interested in just not sold on the the dual type rocker...
Havent heard enough about the assault?
S4 has some good right ups....
decisions decisions!!!!
Old    joshj095            04-21-2009, 4:41 AM Reply   
The rocker type on the b-side is simialr to the premier. A little more boot. But dont be timid with hybrid , dual, subtle rocker lines. Yes they are all different, but have the same basis. More control and predictablitly of continuous rockers with the pop of a three stage. The B-side is definatly the best all around board aside from the murray, which ive also ridden. IMO the b-side is just the way to go. I would reccomend this board to anyone looking to get out and get better.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       04-21-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
Another vote here for the b-side. Will be an easy transition for you, and an upgrade at the same time. I got it and love it. Ride it finless.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Unless your Premier is older than 2003, it's also described as a subtle/blended 3-stage (but that's because they just called it 3-stage or continuous back then). The B-side is not a "hybrid" rocker, like the Murray, where the rocker is actually a different curve in the middle of the board than on the sides, it just means there isn't an abrupt transition from the flat spot in the middle of the board to the kinked up tip and tail. FYI, the Byerly Assault is also a Subtle 3-Stage, the S4 is the only board you listed that's an aggressive 3-stage.
Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-22-2009, 1:46 AM Reply   
No one tried the S4?

Does any one know what the weight difference is with these boards?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
The transition from the Premier to the Ronix One is nice. The One is basically a much faster version of the Premier with a slightly more aggressive rocker. The One is a TON lighter as well. I wanted something faster than my Premier and the One delivered. Tail heavy landings are VERY forgiving as well. All in all, very similar to the premier, just better in every category.

The B-Side is fugly IMO
Old     (mint)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-23-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
Anybody tried the S4. Thinking from reading other posts that i have read. This may be possibly more of what i am after.