Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
Right now I ride a 2001 Premier and really love. I'm looking at changing to the new shape of the Premier(2004-2005). I like the way my '01 rides, so any opinions on how you think I would like the 2004?

What are the differences in speed, pop, landings, etc.?

I know, I know...I am going to demo it here in a couple weeks, but thought that I would ask anyways for some feedback.
Old    sk8joe01            08-25-2004, 7:52 AM Reply   
if you like the old premier and want a new board the hyperlite era has the same shape. i used to ride a 2002 premier, sweet board but i havn't ridden the new shape so i can't help ya out there
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Yeah, I had thought about staying with the same shape but I wanted to try something new since I've been riding the same shape for 4 years.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-25-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
I'm ridin the 04 and love it, although I have never ridden any of the older ones
Old    sean123            08-25-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
Dude... get the new one.. I know where you can get a great deal on one ;-)
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
I rode an 03 and liked it. I got an 04 this year and like it better. More pop, more stable. Not quite as fast, but very consistent. seems lighter but not sure. Like 03 graphics better though. havent ridden dna, only biolite.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Get back to work Bouse! I need to get the 05! ;-)
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-25-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
isnt the 05 like a continuous rocker?
Old    rtm            08-26-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
the new model is a slug compared to the old one . . .great board for some but very different. If you ride the old one with fins the transition might not be that bad, but if you ride the old one without fins I would get the Era and stick with what you like. The new premiere tracks very well and pops great but forget about the loose feel and the ability to break it free like the old one. If you liked the old one I would suggest getting the Era the Liquid Force Substance, the CWB prodigy and others have compared the new Gonzales and Lyman to riding similiar to the old premiere.

I hatted the new premiere . . . but I rode the old finless and just couldn't handle how slow and how difficult it was to break it loose.

You might find it a lot different if you road it with fins though . . .who knows??? Only you?? Try it!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-26-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
that older Premier shape is a classic that will never die.

I've been riding a Substance for the past 2 years or so, and I like it a lot. I always loved the premier shape (rode a couple friends' boards and demos whenever I could), but just never got one.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
This will be the board of the year next year!