Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    proskier            05-12-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
i am riding a old cwb tagger obviously and it rather old. i bought it a while back and it sat in my closet for a very very long time. i really have only ridden about 6 or 7 trips out total, but i know i probably need something a little more updated. i rode behind my friends boat and i can clear the wake on his boat, but i cant get any height. which i would guess is probably from lack of experience. what kind of board do i need? i weigh about 175-180 and im 6'1".
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-12-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
im about the same height and weight, i ride the liquid force team 139, its a great board and can handle whatever level you want to ride at
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       05-13-2004, 6:00 AM Reply   
I'd suggest getting a board with good tracking ability, especially up on edge. The Team is one such example, with it's cupped side fins. A board with a continuous rocker pattern (one continuous curve from one tip of the board to the other) is going to be easier to learn to pop with. Boards with 3 stage rocker patterns (flat spot in the center of the board, and curves up toward each tip) develop more vertical kick, but require better timing at the wake for your push to get that kick. If you're riding behind a boat with a small wake, the continuous rocker board is probably a better choice at your ability level. The Team 139 would be the right choice of length for you. A board with a similar design to the Team is the Trip 138, and it's available as a package with the new Alpha bindings at a great price. The Team is actually based off of the Trip, and is considered to be a Trip on steroids. Both boards are 6 fin models. The Team has more rocker for bigger pop, and has cupped side fins versus canted side fins on the Trip for more aggressive edging. From O'Brien, I'd recommend Darin Shapiro's new pro model, the Demented 141. It's going to be at least, if not more, agressive than the Team, and will develop even more pop. Email me if you have any questions regarding products or prices.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-13-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
If you want a great board for all levels I'd go with a CWB Absolute or last years Absolute shape the Flame. They have molded fins and ride very well. Plus that way you'd still be riding a CWB. Read the reviews on this site, you will see that there is not a negative one among them.
Old    proskier            05-14-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
ive riden my friends hyperlite 02' belmont and i thought it felt really slippery feeling, i couldnt really keep the edge i like. the fins on my tagger a really big