Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-26-2005, 12:45 AM Reply   
Just got home and even though I should be in bed having to work tomorrow I can't without many thanks and shout outs.

Don Pedro was awesome! Wakeworld, you made this happen for me, the site, the people, the sport. I had an opportunity to ride 3 weeks to a month earlier than I'd ever hoped, I just had to fly down to visit everyone to make it happen. For all those that asked why I'd make the trip, everyone of you is the reason. This event is wakeboarding, it's about meeting new people and sharing love for the sport as it is about the riding.

Many thanks, Jeff Hill, his wife Julia (thank god I'm not a sereal killer), the rest of your crew Mike, Jen, Bryce. Thanks for getting me there and making me feel welcome the moment we spoke on the phone.

Monk, thanks to you and your crew for giving me a site to stay, and a killer boat to ride behind, food to eat, and good times had all around.

Walt, thanks for the tent, the cool pictures (I think I'm whiter after looking at the pics), and good times.

Random shouts out to Evan, J-Rod, Billy, and all of CIE, Sean my brother rippin on a blindside, Misty and Terri for the laughs and conversation, Chad, Squid, Paul, and everyone at your site for making me feel at home and welcome, I'm sure I'm missing some of you and I'm sorry for that but thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome, having a laugh about my red and white glo sticks, and digging 16:12.

Everywhere I chilled for awhile we had this wicked lingo happening with everyone by the end of the weekend throwing in well placed "eh"'s, "huh"'s, "Holla"s, "Hella"s, and of course "Dude"'s. Made for good laughs and many jokes.

Three Doors Down sings a song "If I could be like that"
He spends his nights in California
Watching the stars on the big screen.
Then he lies awake and wonders
Why can't that be me?
Cause in his life he's filled with all these good intentions.
He's left a lot of things he'd rather not mention right now.
But just before he says goodnight,
He looks up with a little smile at me and he says

If I could be like that
I'd give anything
Just to live one day
In those shoes.
If I could be like that, what would I do?
What would I do?

Now and dreams we run.

She spends her days up in the north park,
watching the people as they pass.
And all she wants is just a little piee of this dream, is that too much to ask?
With a safe home, and a warm bed, on a quiet little street.
All she wants is just that something to hold onto, that's all she needs.

Yeah!

If I could be like that, I would give anything
Just to live one day, in those shoes.
What would I do?

I'm falling into this, in dreams we run away.

What would I do?

What would I do?

What would I do?

Falling in.
I feel I am falling in to this again

Thanks to all of you I had the opportunity to live a dream, and to "be like that" just for a few days.

(raising a soda)
Here's to all of you and hopefully I'll have opportunities to be back, and kick it with in the same styles. Thanks again.

Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2005, 1:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for giving me the stoke back for wakeboarding and me and Mike will be bringing you up for a long time. Take care and try and make that Shasta trip in Oct. "A" send me youre addresas and ill get you that t shirt
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-26-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
Jeff,

How's it goin, eh. Sorry just had to say it. Had a great time meeting you and I am truly sorry I didn't get to take you out on Sunday. As it turned out, by the time we got done packing up my son seemed to be feeling better so me and my wife launched the boat and waited for you guys around the docks (to give whomeever wanted a pull) and just relaxed a little bit. After a little while about 12 or so we finally figured we better get on going. I was really trying to hold up my offer. I felt like crap after offering and not coming through. Hope you guys found some good water to get a few good pulls in. Hope to see you in Shasta...

You are great people and I wish there were more like you in the wakeboarding community. Now if them icebergs would hurry and thaw so you can get a little canadian riding in.

Chad

P.S. Huh?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
Holla!

Thanks so much for making the trip Jeffrey. You were by far more committed than anyone. Everyone was so stoked when they learned how far you had traveled to be a part of this. Connections like this are only possible through Wakeworld! So thanks to Dave Williams for providing us with the resources to make this happen.

Glad you had a good time. I hope we can hook up again in the near future. (Raising a Coors Light keg cup)
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-26-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
You are an amazing guy, Jeff. I had so much fun bantering with you over everything this weekend. You have amazing insight. It blew everyones mind that you would travel so far to hang with people you have only met online. Friendship is a powerful thing, and we have all found it here on WW (Thanks, DW). I hope you had a good flight home, and we hope to see you again, eh?!?!
Old    walt            04-26-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
Jeffrey, We all had a great time out on the boat with you but I still think you need to buy a new set of bindings !

Old    ddog            04-26-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
Jeff
Thanx for the Canadian beers bro! You're the man. I had a great time and learned a few things behind the boat. No more 190's though!
Come back and hang anytime 'eh!

D
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-26-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
There was a guy named Bryce there? Awesome name, would like to meet another guy with the coolest name in the world........
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-26-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
actually he was a kid of one of the people there I think he was 8? Help me out Jeff/Jeff.

Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-26-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Jeff

sounds like you had a blast... i wish i could have been there, i already have enough money saved to make the next major trip that comes up so i will be there no questions asked
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-26-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Chad, that sounds about right. We sure did give the little dude a hard time. Oh and bro don't worry about the pulls dude, Jeff and Mike took care of me and I got to lay down a bit of a show for them as my last set I managed to find my game. I was riding close to my best, and it was my best ride in 7 months

Jeff I'm glad we could stoke each other up. I can't say enough for everything you helped me with my friend.

J-Rod the energy I brought and shared was amped up by everyone there. I sure hope to make it back and have gasoline fires with you.

Misty you rock girl, thanks for entertaining me two nights in a row, even with you crashin early on me.

Walt come on! Jeff can vouch for me that I had no problems Sunday! Damn at least we all can laugh about my pregnant man face, after all pushing my foot out was like having a baby!

Darren! glad I could get you to come out of lurker status and lay a post down. Glad you liked the beer. "huh" what was up with that lonely walk back Saterday night?

Blair, make it happen cap'n. Will hook up and ride fo sho this summer.
Old    walt            04-26-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
I forgot about the Beer.....It was dam good !
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-26-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Oh and get this, I met up with one of the Malibu team riders on my way home. I chatted it up with Bret van den Heuvel while waiting for my plane and then for awhile after I landed in Seattle. Really cool guy.
Old    jmo52            04-26-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
Jeff! Damn what a relief that your cool.I had a great time hangin/riding with ya. Any time you come to the states you go a place to stay, and a pull " fo sho ". Watch out next time my skills will be off the hook. Let me know when you want the bigger sized
Ultras.