Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-15-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have a problem, I hav a great idea of how to weight by boat with concrete but i have no room it cannot fit in any of the compartments in my boat and if i just leave it out then there is no room for anyone to move around anywhere in the boat. So I've been pondering on this dilema and I do not hav a solution.... any ideas would be great.
-Adam
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-15-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
Are you going to trailer it with all the concrete in it?

Why not use some launch pad lounges or a fat seat? That would leave them somewhere to sit.....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-15-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
hmm. how long have you been pondering this? Water seems to work best. sand can feel like concrete after it gets wet. you should consider lead. more dense, easier to move around: if you want to leave it in the boat. the fat seat sounds like it would work in the back. how about lead up front?
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-15-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
sounds to me like its not that great of an idea...
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
Does anybody know if filling your boat up with concrete will void the warranty?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-15-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
So what you’re saying is that you have a great idea but you don’t have any idea? How about this, make your hull out of concrete?

I think I like boats that float, that feeling is stronger the further that I’m away from the sore line. Adding lead, sand, and concrete doesn’t sound like a good idea to me, be careful!

Modern boats have built in foam for buoyancy. If a boat with this buoyancy were to take on water, it would stay a float for a considerable time. In side the boat your feet might get wet but you won’t have to swim for your life. If your boat were to take on water in addition to concrete the boat might sink. If you find the rest of your idea then you and your crew should defiantly wear a life preserver at all times.

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-15-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
do you have a bunch of concrete laying around? seriously, wakext- what makes this idea great?
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-15-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
i just read an article in a wakeboarding magazine for cheap weight was to get bags of concrete and put it in a rubbermaid type of storage bin add water let dry and you have instant compact weight you can move around the boat. anybody have input if this is workable or just too dangerous?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-15-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
if you never want to trailer or lift your boat, its probably workable. other than that, i dont see it working.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-15-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
maybe if you had a few hundred pounds of it to fine tune your wake - it would be great. in addition to 1000+ of water.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
IMO if your boat puts out that lousy of a wake that you have to add concrete, then get rid of it and get one that works.....
Old     (bc3)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
Idea: Buy some sacks...stay in school...don't do drugs.
Old    bohdi            04-16-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
WOW... Concrete ???? Hey all the advice that you are receiving is very good advice.
1st If you really want to do the whole concrete thing you DO NOT want to put it on the trailer. You will cause major damage to your hull.
2nd storage in most boats are always a problem. But some good suggestions up above.
3rd I'm only gonna tell you once." You need to stay off the drugs".
"concrete" holy moly dude... Bad... Very Bad..
Get sacks, you'll be very greatfull you did. Just my .02 worth.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-17-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Water weight is neutral bouyancy, concrete will take it to the bottom if you happen to get swamped. Just because you read it in Wakeboarder doesn't mean that it's not retarded.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Now that everybody has jumped into the feeding frenzy and made the poor kid feel silly, I'll say that I went out with Scott Jobe in a Nautique owned by Thomas Horrell's dad, and they were using some concrete in addition to water. Not a lot of concrete, mind you, and in just small enough tubs that two could move it around.

Also, I went out once in a Malibu owned by Jonathan McDonald. They had ripped out all the seats and essentially made two long bench seats out of concrete. The wake was big, but it did kind of feel like the boat was going to rattle apart. I don't recall what they were using to tow it.
Old    bohdi            04-18-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Hey WakeXtreme sorry brother, was not ment to make you feel bad...

I say do what it takes to be on the water and enjoy with your friends and fam.

Just remember to take it out before you put the boat on a trailer. That is why even when you use water you want to drain and get rid of the weight. It will cause major damage to the hull when you travel. You can cause seriuos cracks when you hit bumps in the road. Just want more people to be enjoying boating. And not worried about a major stress crack in the hull.

Again sorry man... I'm out
Old    twisted            04-18-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
www.fatsac.com
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-21-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hey man, last summer we wanted to add some xtra weight and were a little short on cash so we got some concrete bricks and placed them in the boat. They are not that bad to move around and they weigh 50 pounds a peice. Then again, just like everybody had been saying, make sure you take them out before you trailer your boat or put it on a lift.