Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
I want to thank everyone who came out to support Nor Cal INT this past weekend. We had perfect conditions all weekend and had many new faces show up to ride and slide.
Nice to see C.I.E out there. Evan, you surprised me with those 5's and backside stuff. Billy, with one arm you are my hero on the water. Anyone who can ride and do inverts with one arm is truly special.

Central Cal INT, Ryan and Bud, you guys were great. Bud, everyone was amazed how big you were going. Keep killing it.

I hope to see you guys again at our next event in July.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Chuck - how did Josh Rossi due?????
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Josh took third on Saturday and second on Sunday. He skated real well all weekend. We put a barrel in the water for them to ollie over on the wakeskate. It was cool! Grant Roberts is a tough one to beat, he does big spins like there nothing.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for the up-date Way to go JUICY.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
josh rossi has one of the smoothest styles ive seen on a skate
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Grant,

Keep up the skating, you can or will be competing in the Pro divisons real soon.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-20-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Chuck, Billy and I both had a blast. Next time we're bringing the whole crew and making a weekend of it. The event was low key, well organized and a ton of fun. Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you put into those events.

Mike, We had the oportunity to judge the wakeskate division and were amazed at the quality of riding going down. I didn't think we were going to see much until Grant went out and started throwing down big spins like nothing. Killer. There are definitely some up and coming skaters out there.

Anyway, good times all around. You can bet we'll be out there in the future.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
chuck p, and evan thanks for all the props
Old    chriscut            06-20-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Grant seriously kills it. I ride with him pretty often. Every time we ride he's progressing more and more. Oh yeah, He kills it switch too--watch out.
Old     (chadilac)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-20-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
I had fun all weekend, wakeboarding and surfing. the slider jam was awesome. Evan and Billy you guys are great I hope to ride in your boat soon.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-20-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
CHUCK
i had a blast out there this weekend... it was well put together and im planning on coming up more this summer and bringing some more money for that slider contest... the bbq was awesome and the whole day was... and those hoffman girls kill it at everything... and thanks for the DR DETAILING PLUG hahahah nor cal rocks
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-20-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Awesome Weekend!! I got to ride in the boat for the pro division both days. Raequel Hoffman and Matt Medved posted legit pro scores. There was some very high level wakeboarding all weekend. Kaesen killed it on the sliders as usual, and Raequel put most of the boys to shame taking second in sliders both days. The weekend was worth the trip purely for the entertainment value. Add good food (Free BBQ Sat Nite) Great prizes, and terriffic friends to the mix, and it was definitely a 10. Good job Chuck and Linda!
Old     (gina_h)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-21-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
Thanks Chuck and Linda for all your time and work putting it together! Also thanks to the Twelkers for your tireless help and great spirit and to Alan Hutcheck for the best driving! Evan, Billy, and Ryan--so nice to see you and watch you ride. You guys bring a lot of fun! Amazing riding by so many!!Nice to have Eric Cassano there shooting pics. check them @ http://www.shastalake.com/
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
Gina,

Talking about endless hours of hard work, you and your family worked hard all weekend making our event special. I appreciate everything you and Mark do to help us out. You are truly a special person.

Peter: You are the man. I think you should give up dentistry and become my full-time assistant. I hope Josh's foot gets better quick.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-22-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
Chuck....When Tanner and I got home and cleaned out my truck there were a couple half full bottles of boot juice. Don't know when or how they got there but I'll bring them back the 8th. And it was a blast... Do the master's get to ride behind the Supra next time!!!
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-22-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
Hey Jeff and Tanner- We really enjoyed meeting and talking to you guys. Tanner- that heelside front flip is huge!! No worries on the boot butter- we'll catch up next tourney. Thanks for storing it for us. If the Supra is available, we'll try to pull Masters and all of the upper divisions behind it next time. We try to mix up the boats as much as possible- don't want anyone to get too comfortable. HaHa. BTW- in my last post, I neglected to mention that Shelby Kantar also posted a legit pro score and is the current leader in the women's pro division. Sorry I left it out Shelby. Chuck- How much does that full time assistant job pay??
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
Peter, I have converted some of the locals up north to Babes products, the stuff really works great. Thanks. What happened to Josh's foot? are you passing down a bad foot gene.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-22-2006, 1:03 PM Reply   
Randy- Originally, we thought it was a relatively minor sprain. It looks now like the docs think that it's broken again. It's a bit puzzling, because he feels pretty good. We go to see the fracture doc today, and I have a long list of questions for him. We're still hoping for the best.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-22-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
Final verdict on Josh's ankle: It's a sprain, but he'll be out 6-8 weeks. He'll start rehab with the sports medicine Doc on July 28. If it's feeling good, I want to start rehabbing before that. We just don't want to cause more permanent damage. Kind of a bummer- He's been riding really well.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that. Tell him to keep his spirits up and he can polish up his boat driving skills while he is rehabing.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Jeff,

You and Tanner are fun to have at our events. I echo Peter's remark, Tanner, your front flip is as big as it gets. I hope you guys stay for dinner and the night at the next event. I want to see Jeff wrestle the bull
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
hey this is little scagliotti. grant, dam dude everyones braggin about u. i wana see it. i mean i could do it switch but its cool. lol also i need to watch my back with the hoffmans, getting 2nd in slider and winning there divisions @ lake elsy! u guys got the boys shaking in there boots!