Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    murrayair            08-06-2003, 8:27 PM Reply   
I just checked out one of the Jet Pilot side entry 3-D molded vests at my local shop. I was impressed by how light weight it was and it was pretty comfy, too. My question is: is it worth the $120? Will it improve my performance that much? Also, if anyone already has one, how durable is it?
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       08-06-2003, 11:34 PM Reply   
Damn a fellow Placervillian, thats rare. But to answer your question I would say this. I used one all last season and up until this past weekend I used it this season. It is a very nice vest, donest float all that well, but thats not why your getting it. It was ver comfotable when riding, doesnt get in your way while doing handle pass's. I guess its worth the $120, but I cant really answer that for you, its all prefference.

But I just got the new O'Neil Vapor, I really like. Only word of advice with this vest is get a size smaller then your used to, cuase in the water it rides up a bit.

BTW, what shop are you going to buy from, I can get pretty good deals at a few local shops so let me know.
Old    murrayair            08-07-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'll probably be buying it from Larson's Marine. I get a lot of my stuff there. Thanks for the input, Shawn.
BTW, You're right, Placervillians are hard to come by. Let me know if you ever need a third.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-07-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
the only thing that I dislike about mine is the velcro on the zipper rubs me right in between my pec and armpit..... it could just be the one that I have though.
Old    mike_mike            08-07-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
HOW THE HELL WILL IT IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE.

YOU WILL BE THE EXACT SAME WITH OR WITHOUT IT.

BUT I TOO HAVE TRIED THE VEST AND IT VERY GOOD. I WOULD LIKE TO OWN ONE MYSELF AS A MATTER OF FACT.
Old    murrayair            08-08-2003, 12:20 AM Reply   
Okay, I bought the vest today and rode with it a few hours later. Great vest, super light wieght and comfy. It doesn't quite tighten up as much as I would like, but that's only a problem when I'm floating in the water. You're right, Alex, the velcro does rub against my armpit, but not too bad. As for how it will improve my performance, well, I don't know if I rode any better today than before I got the vest, but it doesn't seem to get in my way at all, in contrast to my previous vest, because it is so light and thin. I guess I'll see in the next few weeks whether my riding ability improves or not, but so far it was worth the $120. Thanks for all of your guys' input.