Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-10-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
Headed to the Orlando next week to do some riding. I am trying to finish packing my stuff, do I need to bring my neoprene or is the water still warm enough to trunk it?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
Plenty warm enough to trunk it and it should be that way for a while.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-10-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
You shouldn't need it unless we have some unforseen coldfront come in. But if it rains...is overcast..might consider just throwing in a top. Can't hurt to be prepared....or we are always there if you need something. Have fn while you are in town.

Bill @ Performance.
Old    wakejjboard12            10-10-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
plannin my b-day at owc next weekend... GOOD to hear the water is warm :-) anybody going to the dew tour?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-11-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
Jessica,

We are about 45 minutes North of Orlando. How long are you in town? Let me know if you want to come up and ride on Sunday.
Old    wakejjboard12            10-11-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
Kat,

Thanks for the invite! We are planning to head down Thursday night and come back on Monday. The problem is there are about 10 people planning on going. If some peeps back out this week I will DEF take you up on that!
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
the water is amazing down here!! i dont wear any neoprene right now...feels good
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
How cold does it get in the dead of winter. I will be down to ride for the first week of January. But granted I'm from Ohio so I'm used to cold and everything will most likely feel really warm to me.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-15-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
A little off-topic question, but how far away is Disney World from OWC? The reason I am curious is because I will be in Orlando over new years break for an end of the season marching band trip (lame, but oh so fun)and I was wanting to check it out. Just thought I would ask :-)

I'm sure It's nice to get away to Florida when you live in Illinois.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
20-30 min
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-16-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
In the winter it really depends on cold fronts. In the absence of a front the air temp could be in the 80's. For riding the cable in winter I only use a shorty. The nice thing about the cable is that you dock start and can get your core temp up before falling in the water.