Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-28-2006, 10:43 PM Reply   
The Family and I are starting a six week road trip from Southern California to Oregan. After a flat tire, stripped lug, and a cracked wheel bearing cover we got on our way to Laughlin. We just finished 3 days at lake mohave. The condition were typical for the lake, a bit breezy. However we got out early enough to get some good water. We just arrived in Naciemento and plan on going out early in the a.m. I'll post pictures of our trip as soon as I figure out how.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
My family and I are coming from Oregon down to Naci and San antonio 12 days we are at Shasta today , were are you heading next ?
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
Shasta was epic today not crowded , light wind about 95 degrees How was naci ?
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2006, 2:13 AM Reply   
Naci was great early in the day today. Started to see an influx in boaters by the days end. Most likely the weekend crowd. We will be on the Delta Friday morning then to Shasta in the Late afternoon.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-30-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
we will be on Shasta until about 1 pm then we are heading to Bullards for Sat. What lakes do you plan to visit in Oregon.
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
not sure. We are meeting up with friends from Looking Glass and they are going to show us around. We will be there for 4 days. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-30-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Looking Glass is up north of us we live on the Southern Coast, North Bend So i am not farmilar with the lakes up there . How was the Delta , did you make it to Shasta
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-30-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
danny, you better get to bullards early, i was there today and it was for the most part empty, but as we were loading the boat back on there was a huge line on the ramp, tons of boats launching for the holiday weekend. Its a great lake though, the water level is super high, hardly any debris, and the water temp was 83 today with 90s outside.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-02-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Bullards was fun very nice lake , did more swimming than riding . It was a little crowded .
We were heading for Don Pedro Last night but ended up staying in Medesto . we don't know for sure were we will go today . maybe drive to naci.

along , did you get to Shasta ?
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-05-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Hey Alan,

I emailed you...hope the trip is going well!

Josh
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-08-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
I was on shasta July 1st and 2nd. A bit crowded, I think the Holiday crowd started to show up. Oregon was nice, water everywhere, but chilly towards the coast. I'll be back on shasta starting tommarrow July 9th. We board our house boat out of Jones Valley and will be on the water for 1 week. After that I have a loose schedule and will try and stop at lakes we missed on the way up.
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-08-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
Danny, There are alot of resevoirs north of you. We traveled from Looking Glass to Coos Bay to Pacific City to Portland back down to Grants Pass. As you are aware, the topography was steep so I was off line a few days. I'm keeping a journal of all the places we boat and stay. I'll share some locations that are worth visiting when I finish the journal. HOWEVER, out of respect to some locals that were nice enough to share their local water hole with me, I can't share every location. TEASE, TEASE, TEASE. I'll be back online July 17th. If your on Shasta before then look for the red MC X-45 and stop and say high.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-10-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
Hey along
We just returned home from our trip . San Antonio was great . we had great water most every day .the crowd was very light tues thru thursday . My boat broke on Sat the 8th I have some sort of short in the wiring . So we missed a couple of days of riding on the way home . so we hit a couple of water parks with the Kids .

Oregon does have a lot of nice spots to ride , much cooler than you are probably use to . I look foward to hearing about were you rode in Oregon.

Oroville ( if the debrie has cleared ) and Bullards would be good spots to check on the way south .